Help!!!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We are talking HS wrestling??? Check with your coach first...

OP
Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank

White Belt
Reaction score
He justtells me to shot but im a big kid and shotting is not for me thats y i wanted to know if there was a lock i could get them in

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He justtells me to shot but im a big kid and shotting is not for me thats y i wanted to know if there was a lock i could get them in

It's been a longtime since I was involved in HS wrestling..Maybe one of the younger guys can assist you..Did you try the Search option for wrestling maybe it was addressed earlier...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
no i dont know alot about this its my first day on here

Welcome to MT..At the top of the screen there is a Search tab, click on it and a drop down screen will appear..Type in whatever topic you desire and it will take you there..If you have any questions just ask...

OP
Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank

White Belt
Reaction score
ok well i have a question im in Tang Soo Do and i have my Purple with Green Stripe Belt or aka Orange but it say'z im a White Blet y is it like that

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
EVERYONE starts out here as a White Belt...The more you post the higher you belt ranking gets..500 posts and you become a blackbelt..

OP
Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank

White Belt
Reaction score
O I C thats cool i like how they do that but yeah i read the other 1 bout wrestling and it was not any use for me im 240 turning 18 and 6' im a heavy weight i wrestled last year but thats it i wanna make the other kids give up besides pinning them can u help

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
O I C thats cool i like how they do that but yeah i read the other 1 bout wrestling and it was not any use for me im 240 turning 18 and 6' im a heavy weight i wrestled last year but thats it i wanna make the other kids give up besides pinning them can u help

Alas I cannot..My ground techniques are geared for cops and you would forefit the match and face charges it you used ANY of them...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Big kid wrestling. . . How about shuck? http://www.themat.com/CoachesCorner/technique/Over-tieShuck/default.php

Here is another if you get the opponent down on his knees in a front headlock: http://www.themat.com/CoachesCorner/technique/FrontHeadShuckzadick/default.php

I've seen big wrestlers also work the ankle pick pretty well. Basically tie up the head force it downwards and get the opponent moving backwards, as the opponent takes a step backward he may expose his front foot/leg for a take down. If you can maintain head control while picking the ankle you may be able to drop him right into a reverse half-nelson.

Even big guys should work on quickness and flexibility. I know striders suck while you're doing them, but they payoff on the mat. Do extras when you can.

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Friend of mine who used to wrestle heavyweight had a mean hip toss. It kind of sounds like you want ways to submit opponents. If you have been wrestling at a high school level, then you may know that wins are by pinning or points only. Subs are a no go. That being said, vigorous crossfacing used to be a pretty good way to get guys to roll over and beg to be pinned.

Latest Discussions