Hello from Portsmouth

TheWellWisher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Alrite guys, my names Cameron, 17 years old. Been training in Muay Thai last 3/4 months but only had time to start going 3 times a week this week as I don't work and am going back to college. So yes, I'm a beginner but I train hard. Also done bits of wing chun in the past. Would love to hear about your MA experiences no matter what you train in :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alrite guys, my names Cameron, 17 years old. Been training in Muay Thai last 3/4 months but only had time to start going 3 times a week this week as I don't work and am going back to college. So yes, I'm a beginner but I train hard. Also done bits of wing chun in the past. Would love to hear about your MA experiences no matter what you train in :)
A

Ahoy there Pompey!! Sorry couldn't resist :)
Welcome to MT Cameron, who do you train with down there, I have some good friends from down your way. It's nice to have some more Brits on board (sorry naval puns again I'm afraid)

OP
TheWellWisher

TheWellWisher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I train with Kru Matt Scott and a few others at the local gym (part of the master sken academy). Not lived down here long I'm Preston born and bred my friend :ultracool. I miss Preston but my training is just about keeping me sane lol, who do you know? There are quite a few martial arts clubs round here.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I train with Kru Matt Scott and a few others at the local gym (part of the master sken academy). Not lived down here long I'm Preston born and bred my friend :ultracool. I miss Preston but my training is just about keeping me sane lol, who do you know? There are quite a few martial arts clubs round here.

I know Grant Waterman, he's had a couple of MMA shows down there, he's one of the best MMA refs going too.
Master Sken is legendary! We have a couple of our fighters going to Thailand in November, we're sponsored by Fairtex so get to go out there and train professionally. Pompeys a big place if you don't come from there, be better when you get to college though?

OP
TheWellWisher

TheWellWisher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I start college tommorow, and nothings stopping me from getting a job and moving back up to Preston next year if it doesn't work out, so win-win situation I guess (theres another master sken class in southport near preston as well). And I don't know him personally, but there is a fairly popular MMA class just down the road from me so he might be associated with that. I've been setting myself realistic targets for my Muay Thai which I've been told is a good idea, so I always have something to work on.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Cameron,

Welcome to Martial Talk!

Latest Discussions