Have you ever heard of....?

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I`m not that well versed in who`s who in FMA. My background is mostly Chinese arts. I`m trying to incorperate more Filipino weapons work into what we do. Can anybody tell me anything about Mike Knauff and Rick Faye? Any background or opinions about thier teaching ability or thier strong points.

And if you`reipressed or not please tell why. Thanks.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I`m not that well versed in who`s who in FMA. My background is mostly Chinese arts. I`m trying to incorperate more Filipino weapons work into what we do. Can anybody tell me anything about Mike Knauff and Rick Faye? Any background or opinions about thier teaching ability or thier strong points.

I don't know Mike Knauff.

Rick Faye is a real treasure. It's difficult to speak too highly of him. He's one of the best students Guru Inosanto has ever turned out. He's been doing this for a long time and has been relentless in continuing his education. Rick is an excellent teacher and practitioner as well as an incredibly decent man. You cannot go wrong training with him.

OP
D

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know Mike Knauff.

Rick Faye is a real treasure. It's difficult to speak too highly of him. He's one of the best students Guru Inosanto has ever turned out. He's been doing this for a long time and has been relentless in continuing his education. Rick is an excellent teacher and practitioner as well as an incredibly decent man. You cannot go wrong training with him.

Thanks for the tip.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I went to a Mike Knauff seminar many years ago and I found him to be well spoken and he presented some interesting material. I enjoyed the seminar. Beyond that I don't know much else about him.

OP
D

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Stickarts. That`s good to know. Nothing is as frustrating as seeing a teacher who is skilled, but isn`t well spoken and can`t explain what he`s doing or why.

Latest Discussions