Hatton Academy

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody on this board have taken the instructor course? At my current gym, a class is three times a week, but with different instructors. Just wondering about the syllabus and whether it would be box fit, which is know doubt obvious. Just wondering if any instructor types around here would view the class as being so. This is a local community centre, but there is some hardcore programs to do as well. Make any difference?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that RICKEEE's course?

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah it's RICKEEE, sorry I can't read the word without hearing Bianca's voice shouting which is odd because I don't watch Eastenders lol.

I would have thought that if he's put his name on it, it should be pukka.

You need help. That is Eastenders. We are quite normal beyond Enfield :D The latter, going Tuesday, so I will find out.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need help. That is Eastenders. We are quite normal beyond Enfield :D The latter, going Tuesday, so I will find out.

Never watch the programme lol, just seen the comedians make fun of it. I was born in the East End anyway lol.

Training hopefully will be good, I hope he's chosen instructors rather than just franchised it out. If it carries his name he should check on standards.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never watch the programme lol, just seen the comedians make fun of it. I was born in the East End anyway lol.

Really, no wonder you have a sense of humour :)

Training hopefully will be good, I hope he's chosen instructors rather than just franchised it out. If it carries his name he should check on standards.

That is the question really. How do the students get the tutoring. Probably from ex pros who maybe sparred with Ricky, then certificated perhaps. Then so forth.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the 'become an instructor' page, I'm not so sure now, it says fitness instructors and personal trainers can do the courses so they can teach the boxing for fitness stuff. I wonder if it is just boxercise rather than proper boxing? To teach boxing properly I' m sure you need to be an ABA certified coach.
Hatton Academy - Become an Instructor

Taiji Rebel

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ricky Hatton's training and certification for the instructor course is okay if you want to teach exercise classes. This is just a boxercise class with a professional boxers name attached to it. You have to give Ricky credit for capitalizing on his name. It is a good way of earning extra income for him, and personal trainers/class instructors.

It could be seen as a first step on the ladder towards becoming a boxing trainer, but only really as a taster course to simple punching, pad and footwork drills. As Tez3 says, you would need to get involved with the ABA if you want to teach 'real' boxing - my advice is head along to your local boxing club, take part in the training and offer to help out after you have been there a bit.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ricky Hatton's training and certification for the instructor course is okay if you want to teach exercise classes. This is just a boxercise class with a professional boxers name attached to it. You have to give Ricky credit for capitalizing on his name. It is a good way of earning extra income for him, and personal trainers/class instructors.

It could be seen as a first step on the ladder towards becoming a boxing trainer, but only really as a taster course to simple punching, pad and footwork drills. As Tez3 says, you would need to get involved with the ABA if you want to teach 'real' boxing - my advice is head along to your local boxing club, take part in the training and offer to help out after you have been there a bit.

This was 8 years ago. 😃

Taiji Rebel

Black Belt
Reaction score
This was 8 years ago. 😃
It sure was. Even so, I still came across it and thought it was an interesting question. A couple of years back, I was given the opportunity to take this training for free. It was okay for fitness-trainers and beginners wishing to teach group boxercise sessions. Having trained in plenty of boxing gyms, I was not so impressed. One thing which really made me smile was some of the other students thought it would also prepare them to teach self-defense classes 🤣🤣🤣

Latest Discussions