Guard - Shin lock

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alex is in Kyles guard and manages to trap his foot, either by him trying to hook her (which he shouldn't do) or by pushing it into place.

Attachments

• $guard-shinlock-1.JPG
    $guard-shinlock-1.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 164
OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Keeping his foot hooked she throws herself off to the side out to the side.

Attachments

• $guard-shinlock-2.JPG
    $guard-shinlock-2.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 162
OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She grabs his foot with both hands, the point of her left elbow is in the middle of Kyles shin, between the muscle and the bone, her left elbow is monitoring Kyles other leg, head down. She then pulls in and down on the foot and pushes into the shin with her elbow.

Attachments

• $guard-shinlock-3.JPG
    $guard-shinlock-3.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 169

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm, I've never done shin locks (we're not even allowed to do ankle or leg locks until higher levels)--again, where should this hurt? The picture makes it look like the ankle, but the description makes it sound like the shin.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Hmmm, I've never done shin locks (we're not even allowed to do ankle or leg locks until higher levels)--again, where should this hurt? The picture makes it look like the ankle, but the description makes it sound like the shin.

Both ;) depends on the person partially, people with stiff ankles will feel it there first.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The picture makes it hard to tell, but his leg is positioned in such a way that sitting up will twist his own knee. Her other elbow, which is invisible in this pic, is also monitoring the other leg near the hip, keeping the positioning.

His most instinctive reaction will likely be to try and step over her head and get to his knees to pull out, which will walk him into giving his back while in a calf compression.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to try it for myself before I can really follow this in any more detail! Thanks for giving me something to experiemnt with.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to try it for myself before I can really follow this in any more detail! Thanks for giving me something to experiemnt with.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hit "post" twice, as it stalled out the first time (or so it appeared). Can a mod. correct things, please?

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
The picture makes it hard to tell, but his leg is positioned in such a way that sitting up will twist his own knee. Her other elbow, which is invisible in this pic, is also monitoring the other leg near the hip, keeping the positioning.

His most instinctive reaction will likely be to try and step over her head and get to his knees to pull out, which will walk him into giving his back while in a calf compression.

Thanks for the clarification.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:

Let me know how it goes ;)

Latest Discussions