Grrr.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I Broke my Toe.

I know, there's nothing I can do about it... taped it to the other toe, but the damn thing hurts and i wanted to complain about it.

Stupid toe.

That is all.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Broken toes hurt so darn much and the bugger of the whole thing is that you will probably continue to hurt it over and over again because it sticks out like a "sore thumb" (hahaha) On a lighter note one can often amuse themselves with the vast array of colors that they turn over the course of the first few days. :D

Hope you feel better soon Technopunk. Careful what you kick.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Same here, I did mine during a sparring class. It hurt like a ***** and sometimes still does depending on how I move the foot. Good luck.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grrr too. I always slam my little toes on the edge of mats when walking around them. Also on doorjambs, couch corners, car frame edges when getting in, bed frame corners (double ouch), fence posts, etc.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the toe- how did you break it? Was it martial arts related or something like kicking the bedpost......which I am very good at?

My toe is finally healed......I didn't break it this time- but kicked the floor with it (big toe) really hard one night while preparing to bring my leg thru for a kick- stupid and OUCH!!

Hope it feels better soon.

:)

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ice it alot for the first two days to limit the bleeding and elevate it so you can look at what you did! My sympathy, you are going to be a one legged opponent for awhile. Then you will have to compensate for overtraining one leg so you will have to break the other toe and train the other leg. :D TW

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shodan said:
something like kicking the bedpost....
Somthing like that.

I'm putting in a hardwood floor and I kicked a stack of the wood in the dark on my way to the bathroom...

V

Vadim

Sorry to hear about your toe. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

-Vadim

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Damn, broken toes suck. I remember the only time I broke my toe. I was runnning, playing with the dog in the back yard, when I (in mid stride) connected my little toe with a half buried brick. The doctor initially thought I had broken the foot bone as well (metatarsal?) but thankfully it was just the toe. That entire part of my foot went purple that night.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Broken toe? (shudder)

I broke mine from dropping a 25 pound full pail on its edge right on my big toe. It went completely numb, motionless, and red/black. The pain was incredible. It took everything I had to not scream because my kids were asleep. The metatarsals were where I could feel the pain that just didn't go away. It didn't get better after two months so I had to go see a podiatrist. He said that scar tissue grew around the damaged nerves that prevented the range of motion and and the ability to feel even though the bones did heal. he had to inject cortisone into my toe four separate times to break down the scar tissue and finally I could feel the nerves and move my toe. Aaayyyyiii! No more pain! It sure is great to have a functioning toe again!

- Ceicei

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Broken toe? (shudder)

I broke mine from dropping a 25 pound full pail on its edge right on my big toe. It went completely numb, motionless, and red/black. The pain was incredible. It took everything I had to not scream because my kids were asleep. The metatarsals were where I could feel the pain that just didn't go away. It didn't get better after two months so I had to go see a podiatrist. He said that scar tissue grew around the damaged nerves that prevented the range of motion and and the ability to feel even though the bones did heal. he had to inject cortisone into my toe four separate times to break down the scar tissue and finally I could feel the nerves and move my toe. Aaayyyyiii! No more pain! It sure is great to have a functioning toe again!

- Ceicei
Thats reasuring.

Well, mine only hurts when I walk ot touch it. Or if I bend it, but I try not to do that.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I Broke my Toe.
I reccommend Wiser's Deluxe Canadian Whiskey. It's what keeps us warm in the winter.

When I was 11, a 400 lb. cast iron drive pulley off of a square baler dropped on my big toe. The nail was dented with about a 1/4 inch offset. Crushed a few bones. We couldn't do anything about that either. A cast wouldn't have served any purpose, so they told me. My left toe looks considerably different than my right does now. I lost the nail. Altogether, it was quite gross.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
When I was 11, a 400 lb. cast iron drive pulley off of a square baler dropped on my big toe. The nail was dented with about a 1/4 inch offset. Crushed a few bones. We couldn't do anything about that either. A cast wouldn't have served any purpose, so they told me. My left toe looks considerably different than my right does now. I lost the nail. Altogether, it was quite gross.
Ok, you win! That's the worse broken toe story I've heard....

- Ceicei

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
I reccommend Wiser's Deluxe Canadian Whiskey. It's what keeps us warm in the winter.

wow...that was just too much information...:mst:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Grrr too. I always slam my little toes on the edge of mats when walking around them. Also on doorjambs, couch corners, car frame edges when getting in, bed frame corners (double ouch), fence posts, etc.
damn...your feet must be excellent devices for finding lost furniture ;)... sounds as if you should live in a padded room with nothing but foam rubber, then you could :boing2: all day long. :D

P

pakua

When my brother was about 15 he went on a school trip to Twickenham. (That is the home of Rugby, in London, for all you Yankee/Canuck types. (Rugby is like American Football, but without the hat.))

The Met was doing crowd control with horses, and guess what- one stood on his foot an bust his toe.

Latest Discussions