Greenhouse Gasses...

Rynocerous

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Quotes came from this page. It is an interesting article.

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) -- A new report on ecological damage from greenhouse gases dominated the sidelines of a U.N. conference on global warming Saturday as delegates from nearly 200 nations assembled to prepare for the launch next year of the Kyoto Protocol.

In an update Saturday, experts warned that Latin America was especially hard hit by the so-called "greenhouse effect," with emissions of carbon dioxide and other gases blamed for abrupt climate changes in a region that is home to more than 300 million people.

Emissions from oil production were particularly high in small oil-producing islands in the Caribbean, including Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados, along with Venezuela, one of the world's leading petroleum exporters.

Many scientists say carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases seriously threaten life on Earth by causing a gradual rise in the planet's temperature.

Global warming has been blamed for more violent storms, rising sea levels and shrinking animal habitats.

Other experts disagree, saying Earth's temperatures have varied greatly over time, and little is known about how the atmosphere copes with temperature change.

I personally believe that everyone should be worried about Global Warming and not just the Latin America. It is an ongoing problem which should be addressed. Every nation should be involved as much as they can because this will soon become more of a problem for the entire globe. I live in a place with very little polution problems. Unfortunatley very few people think down the road to our next generation. Instead they say, oh it's not bad here, why should I care about global warming. I personally think it should be on every persons mind, and should do their best to help out.

Cheers,

Ryan

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Great post Ryan!!!!!!!

Global warming has hit us hard down under. At the moment we are two weeks away from christmas, the start of our Summer!!!!! but our weather is not good, we are having alot more rain, wind and the temperatures are normally up around 24 or 25 degrees. At the moment we are only averaging 16 or 17 degrees at the most!!!!! This is very concerning as our summers are starting later and later and dont seem to last very long. The hole in the ozone layer is getting bigger and bigger!!!! In New Zealand and Australia we have the highest skin cancer rates in the world!!!!!!!!

Latest Discussions