Gots me a good woman

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Went shooting last night with the wife, my bother, & my father.

I'd convinced my wife to shoot the NRA handgun marksmanship course. She shot Marksman last night. She had to start shooting around (literally) the bullseye so that I could verify hits. (It made her happier that way.)

In other news, my dad just got a 995 classic he was trying out. Very accurate and fun. And my Kel-Tec PF9 bit him. :(

Anyway, I gots me a deadeye woman! :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very cool! My wife also likes to go shooting with me, and she is likewise a good shot. We've never shot for score, though (outside of my former work). Congrats to both of you, by the way!

Stick Dummy

<b>"Great Guro Wizard of the Gun and Knife"</b>
Reaction score
You Sir are a lucky man!!

Keep her at it and reward her with a nice dinner when she "smokes" you through the course of fire!

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You Sir are a lucky man!!

Keep her at it and reward her with a nice dinner when she "smokes" you through the course of fire!
The way she was shooting last night, that dinner may be coming very soon!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ah... well when I was dating my wife-to-be she road on the back of my motorcycle, was in my TKD class (she made green belt), and went shooting with me.

Then something happened to tragically alter that. We got married.

After that, motorcycles became dangerous, karate brought bruises, and shooting was a bore. Sigh…. And now it’s Bill O’Reilly every night (he’s ok but every night?)

No I won’t trade her in for a newer model, since I was wise enough to know women would take part in a man’s sport to get him interested in her and most women don’t care for all that stuff.

Still Kirk, you are lucky!

Deaf

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score

No I won’t trade her in for a newer model, since I was wise enough to know women would take part in a man’s sport to get him interested in her and most women don’t care for all that stuff.
hehehe Yeah, that happens. Fortunately, my wife enjoys shooting. She simply never thought about shooting an NRA certification course.

Still Kirk, you are lucky!
Very.

I'm trying to convince her to let me get her one of those NRA "Women on Target" Handgun patches. Maybe a pin.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You`re a lucky guy alright. Mine thinks guns and knives are just for gangsters. And martial arts bore her to death because her older brother was a college judo and sumo coach for years.