good training tapes/ links

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Im at a school that mixes Muay Thai, JKD, and FMA. I want to spend some some time at home developing my MT skills. My instructor will let me know how my form is. Are there any good tapes out there on stuff like combos, footwork, etc? Or can anyone point me to a good link for stuff like this? I have a heavy bag but dont know what to do with it since I dont know any combos.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You must train at a school in the Ajarn Chai/Dan Inosanto family tree. I train in one of thier schools and we also train Muay Thai/JKD and FMA.

Rob Kaman has a good series of tapes if you can find those.

Heavy bag fun:

-4 count starting with your lead leg (switch kick) or back leg. For lead leg open up with switch kick round kick, come down with cross punch, follow up with lead hook punch and then finish with back leg round kick. For back leg 4 count start with back leg round kick, follow with lead hook punch, then cross punch and finish with switch round kick from your lead leg.

-practice clinch knee on the bag by grabbing and hugging it close like a person and bring round knees up into the bag from the sides, or grab from further away with arms slightly bent and grabbing at kneck level and drive in straight knees while pulling the bag towards you with each thrust.

-practice teep (front kick) followed by any kind of round kick or just practice teep over and over with the same leg until exhaustedwhich I like to do.

-make up your own combos! mess around and see what feels good to punch then kick or vice versa

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Latest Discussions