Ghosts..........

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just out of curiosuty, who here believes in ghosts and the paranormal?

And if so,why?
Do you have any personal experiences to share?

Personally...I have lived in 2 haunted houses here in the UK......and I am lookin for another
icon12.gif

I am actually going to spend a little time in two very haunted castels later this summer as well.....
I can't wait!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I believe, but not in the stylized Hollywood versions of them. Occasionally I've lived in places where odd things went on. Light flickering for no sudden reason, odd little noises here and there when I'm the only person in the place, etc.
A simple loud "Knock it off" to nothing and no-one in particular tends to put a stop to it.
I've seen ghosts and been in haunted places. One of them was even in a cave... didn't SEE it but definitely experienced it.
Long story so mebbe when I have more time than I do tonight :D

OP
Bammx2

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
MACaver said:
I believe, but not in the stylized Hollywood versions of them. Occasionally I've lived in places where odd things went on. Light flickering for no sudden reason, odd little noises here and there when I'm the only person in the place, etc.
A simple loud "Knock it off" to nothing and no-one in particular tends to put a stop to it.
I've seen ghosts and been in haunted places. One of them was even in a cave... didn't SEE it but definitely experienced it.
Long story so mebbe when I have more time than I do tonight :D
In a cave?!
Oh dude....that had to be kool!
Do you know if there was any kind of a history to the cave you know of?

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nah really man, I swear this one time I was walking through this old house, and when I slammed the door the window on the complete other side of the room rattled, and when I looked I saw this light pass through the window that so looked like my dead cat. I mean, I didn't see it, but...but I experienced it.

:rolleyes:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes..Here is one example: My good friend passed away a few years ago..He was in the mobile DJ business and his garage was filled with 100's of items related to his business...In the Spring folowing his death I went to the garage to take inventory, the large door was open as was the smaller entrance door..I found a light show that had built against a back wall.
I looked at it wondering how I could use in the shows I was booking..I looked up at the heavens and said out loud "Ya know Bill, you could have left a list of instructions". With that the small door slammed shut with such a force I jumped outta my skin..One a warm ,windless day the slamming shook the whole garage..I never said a nother thing to him..

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
At my parents house, when I lived there, when I was younger both of my parents and my sister claim to have seen a paranormal being wondering about. To their description it was a dark shadowy figure, but to this day and they still live there they have never had a negative issue with it. Upon some investigation about the home's history, we discovered through a neighbor that some guy had hung himself inside the house some years before we purchased it. I have never seen anything however. As for believing in them sure I believe there is something out there. In fact, most of my friends have had some sort of paranormal experience somewhere at some point in their lives.

R

rmcpeek

Nope. I don't believe in any of it. I have never seen anything in my life to suggest it.

OP
Bammx2

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I lived in a 300 year old converted travellers pub.
and some of the travellers still come by.

I did have one friend who lived in a house that use to be a methodist church in the 1800's back in NC.
The grounds keeper of old still watches over the house....closing windows when it rained and such.
Even played with the answering machine.Tryin to figure out how it worked I guess.
My brothers and I stayed there on seperate nights each and could hear kids playin in the hall way.
My one brother even heard them singing "ring around the rosie"...
of course,there was no kids anywhere near the house.specially at 4 am.
The owners had a lady friend who refused to come back to visit just cause "someone" goosed her a good one!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first moved to Los Alamos, I lived in the "House at Otowi Bridge" for about 4 years.

There's a couple of books about it:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0826302815/103-3988798-8562240?v=glance

I don't have time to tell it all right now (maybe tonight or tomorrow I will)...but it's quite haunted. Guy who moved in after me moved out because of it being "haunted", and it's stayed vacant since then........

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you couldn't tell from my previous post, I don't believe in ghosts. I think there's nothing more to them then vivid fantasies that imaginative people jump to when they're bored, scared, or can't deal with that fact that a favorite grandmother or pet cat died. "I still see signs that Fluffy is in the house...her food bowl appears out of nowhere, I see shadows passing where she used to cuddle my feet...ITS ALMOST LIKE SHE'S THERE". Most of the signs and anecdotal accounts of ghost citings are things that could easily be explained by a number of different phenomenon, I just don't understand what drives people to say that it's obviously a ghost.

Sorry if I ruined everyone's little seance(sp). Continue.

OP
Bammx2

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
RandomPhantom700 said:
If you couldn't tell from my previous post, I don't believe in ghosts. I think there's nothing more to them then vivid fantasies that imaginative people jump to when they're bored, scared, or can't deal with that fact that a favorite grandmother or pet cat died. "I still see signs that Fluffy is in the house...her food bowl appears out of nowhere, I see shadows passing where she used to cuddle my feet...ITS ALMOST LIKE SHE'S THERE". Most of the signs and anecdotal accounts of ghost citings are things that could easily be explained by a number of different phenomenon, I just don't understand what drives people to say that it's obviously a ghost.

Sorry if I ruined everyone's little seance(sp). Continue.
I understand completely where you are comming form.
And for the most part,I agree.

But I am still waiting to the genius explaination of me actualy seeing,with my own eyes, a man dressed in 17th century attire who was looking eye to eye with me...then walk straight thru a wall in chillingham castle.
Or the ghost I saw at hughenden manor that just faded into thin air as I watched.
Not mention actually being touched by a ghost once....
But thats MY experiences.....so far
icon12.gif

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
*Shrugs*

I have no idea what caused those citings, I wasn't there. Maybe you were hallucinating or imagining things. Coulda been a practical joke. Coulda been a trick of the light. Maybe you'd recently heard a story or had some other experience that left you biased to see a ghost where there really isn't one.

There are countless possible explanations, but think about what "it was a ghost" implies. It implies that there are souls floating around, that these souls are somehow stuck to certain spots or locations or persons, that they still identify with their previous lives, that only certain people can see these manifestations of a spirit, etc. etc. There's no reason to believe any of this stuff that's necessary for ghosts to exist. People make all these presumptions when they say that what they observed was a ghost, as opposed to a hallucination, a trick of the light, or any other explanation. I just can't ignore those presumptions.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
i like the idea, ghost stories and haunted houses remind me of being a kid but i don't believe, for me its all entertainment.

Rynocerous

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes I am a believer and I have experienced some very creepy stuff. Although I believe that the human imagination plays a huge role in most "sightings" but once you experience it first hand you are a believer for life. Muahahahaha.:bow:

Cheers,

Ryno

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't believe it either but...

I was in Key West Florida last year and we took the "Haunted Tour", a nice little walking tour around the old town of Key West, visiting spots that have some kind of "haunted history". I saw it as a good reason to take a walk on a warm fall night in the tropics :) (if you are ever in Key West you should really do this tour).

So one of the more boring spots we stopped at was a church that had been renovated as a night club and had since been vacant for years. Story was, there were some orphans living there (as a chruch) and one night the preacher for whatever reason started a fire that gutted the building (it was brick so it was remodeled as a club).

8 children died in the fire.

So I took some picture sof the place, as I did all the places we visited.

When we got home and were viewing the pictures on my big-screen TV, my sister-in-law noticed some of those weird color blobs that people refer to as "orbs" and that are generally thought of (by believers) to be evidence of ghosty stuff, which we had not seen when looking at the pics in the camera.

Everyone we asked (3 or 4 people there at my house) said they saw 8 orbs in the photo. When we told then that was a building where 8 children were burned alive, we all agreed that was a very very strange coincidence (or, ghosts, depending on what you bleieve)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A lot of the Ghosts sites talk about ORBS and basically I've seen them in a lot of photos, particularly if there are dust particles in the air and it's a dark place. Take this picture for example. My friend rappelling into a pit and (mysterious music plays) three identifiable orbs are near her. Hmm, weird, to date there have been no reported deaths in this cave since it was discovered in the 70's.

Yours is an interesting coinencidence for sure 8 children and 8 orbs that are in the pic. Trick is to take two pictures of the same spot and see if the orbs are still there and in the same place. Oh wait, spirits move around like dust motes too don't they? :rolleyes:
There are unexplained things in photographs from time to time. As for yours I'd say it's the same with what's going on here.
Neat story though thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• $ORB.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 126
OP
Bammx2

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
speaking of orbs....

digital cameras are supposed to be the best to capture them. just fyi...