Gedo Chang, Tammy Parlour and Hapkido in London

D

DrDeath

Hi to everyone!!!
I am very interested in hapkido and really want to start training in the nearest future, however, here in London there are just a few opportunities to do it. One of dojangs I have found here belongs to the school of GM Gedo Chang and the head instructor there is Tammy Parlour.
Can anyone please comment on the Gedo Changs school and the London dojang in particular? How it differs from other hapkido schools? Can you may be also recommend another school in London to look at?
I have made some research on the web but I couldnt find many comments on Changs school. Actually one of them said that Chang has removed many techniques from hapkido that he considers to dangerous.. Is it true?
Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

spud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry Dr But being in Australia I can’t give you any first hand information & I haven’t heard anything about the school in Question you’re inquiring about. May I suggest you have a look at this web site I know they have schools listed in England & these people I believe to be honest & trustworthy. I have no link or ties with them but they are very helpful to anyone in need.

The link is www.koreahapkidofederation.net please let me know how things go for you & good luck in the future.

OP
D

DrDeath

Thanks, mate,
I will try to get some info there

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps. Maybe 20 years ago, I went to see Master Chang's school in Lombard, IL (USA) with a buddy. We were both TKD BB's at the time. We were both very impressed w/ Master Chang at that time. He taught the class we saw. I doubt it's gotten anything but better since then.

I know that don't tell ya much. But I woulda mentioned if I wasn't impressed.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My old Hapkido Instructor studied under Master Chang.

I visted his school once.

The man impressed me.

For Hapkido. After 2 years of study, the art itself didn't impress me much. But that's not to say the art is bad, it was just wrong for me.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't help you with any information, but I do want to welcome you to MartialTalk. Maybe you could a few classes and form your own opinion?

Latest Discussions