Gathering of Eagles

Have you ever attended the Gathering of Eagles ????

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
C

CoolKempoDude

Have you ever attended the Gathering of Eagles which is a Kempo/Kenpo event sponsored by Al Tracy ????

please vote. Thanks.

if you attended, please share with other why you like it so much :)

P/S: This poll will be expired after 30 days

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Went to the very first one. Me and a friend attended, and we went to some cool seminars, and some not so good ones. The Al Dacascos seminar was fun, as was the Limalama seminar. Since this was several years ago, only these two stands out in my mind cause we had fun. There were some where we wished we could have walked out, some where we were glad we didn't spend the time. All in all it was a fun weekend.

OP
W

WhiteTiger

In my opinion the second Gathering was much better than the first, and I expect the 3rd, if there is one, to be even better. For the most part politics was left at the door, there was a seminar for every subject you can think of, and if you are looking for reference material you won't find a better place. Not only was I able to pick up some exceptional videos but the Senior Masters which produced the videos were there to explain the material and answer questions on the spot. All of the senior masters I spoke with seemed just as excited to be there as I was, and when they were asked to demonstrate or explain something they did so happily.

OP
L

lonekimono

let me throw this in the pot,i just came back from teaching at the west coast Gathering, i was with my good friends who teach kosho kempo.
if you go to my site you can see some picture's i have from the camp www.ackks.com , it was great:D
oh i was going to teach at the Garthing with Mr Tracy but i could not make it,but if you look at the names you will see my name in there:confused: .
and i would like to add this on the post(if i can) i'm having a winter camp, the ackks winter kenpo camp it will be on 2-28-29-04
and it will be in New Jersey.
if any of you would like to be there please email me, i would like to see you there. sorry if i messed up the post:rolleyes:

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I attended the first one in 1999 and had a great time. The seminars that still stand out were taught by David German, Larry Tatum, Sig Kufferath, Ted Sumner, Neil Hourston, John McSweeney, Bill Chun, Jr, and James Ibrao.

Roomed with KenpoJoe, and really was looking forward to the second one, but it came on a bad weekend, as my wife, a school teacher, and two of my sons, were all entering new schools. I hope there is a third, and plan to be there!

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

3 went and 21 didn't go ????

i thought everybody went to biggest KENPO event. I'm really suprised to see this result.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Randy Strausbaugh
Ditto!

Better happen soon. One time a few years back I talked to Master Al, and he said some of them Eagles are "falling", so we can't wait too long!:asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Enjoyed seeing some of the "older" dudes and talking with Mr. Tracy. Met some new faces and put faces to names. Had a good time. Glad I was invited.

:asian:

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Brother John
What is the purpose of the gathering?
Who set it up?

Your Brother
John

these are excellence questions. Hopefully, somebody here will answer these questions.

please don't forget to share your experience with everybody here about your visiting to gathering of eagles event if you had been there;)

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Orig posted by Brother John
What is the purpose of the gathering?
Who set it up? Your Brother John

The Gathering of Eagles was ran by Al Tracy.

The purpose was to get together many of the "Eagles" at one time for seminars and brotherhood.
Each of the Presenters were filmed and interviewed by Kenpo Joe. I suppose to be sold at some time in the future.

Now this is just my take .... there may be other agendas as well.

At the GOE II, several "masters" were given gold rings for their Kenpo contributions to the Art, Steve LaBounty and Bob White were just two of the many.

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The idea behind the Gathering Of Egels is a great idea. Hopefully there will be another and priced reasonable enough for us canucks.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
The link Bro.John posted was very kewl... I was'nt aware that there were sub systems of Kara-Ho outside of Mr.K's organization? Are they (Chun-Chow Kempo vs Kara-Ho) fundamentally the same system, i.e. same approach re:katas etc.? Or are there glaring differences, i.e. Connor's version vs EPAK ?

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by donald
I was'nt aware that there were sub systems of Kara-Ho outside of Mr.K's organization?

Are they (Chun-Chow Kempo vs Kara-Ho) fundamentally the same system, i.e. same approach re:katas etc.?

these 2 questions are good. I'm sure that somebody here will answer your questions.

anybody knows the answer for these? if you do, please share

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
masherdong said:
I would love to go. How do you get invited?
Hi Masherdong!
Unfortunately, there are presently no plans for a TGOTE event by the tracys this year. I hope that they do pepeat the 1999 & 2001 events as they were wonderful kenpo events for all to attend!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE