ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://quickmail.ru/fcgi/send.cgi

The site is in Russian, but I can tell you that the lines are:

To:
CC:
Subject:

It sends email, and only sends. Really, webmail makes this site un-needed, but it is fun to play around with. Also, if your workplace will not let you access webmail, this is a way for you to send mail out (but not recieve).

The obvious thing about this site is that you could type in any address into the "from" box, making it look like it is from someone that did not send it.

Still, it's kind of cool and fun to play with.

AoG

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is a good possibility that a great deal of mail servers will reject the emails too.

Mail servers aren't as open ended as they used to be. I know my mail server will do a reverse MX DNS lookup to verify the server before accepting delivery of the email. I am not sure about that CGI, but it just might fail.

I cannot get to it from here at the office, we block IPs at the firewall from Russia, Asia, and other well known problem areas.

http://quickmail.ru/fcgi/send.cgi

The site is in Russian, but I can tell you that the lines are:

To:
CC:
Subject:

It sends email, and only sends. Really, webmail makes this site un-needed, but it is fun to play around with. Also, if your workplace will not let you access webmail, this is a way for you to send mail out (but not recieve).

The obvious thing about this site is that you could type in any address into the "from" box, making it look like it is from someone that did not send it.

Still, it's kind of cool and fun to play with.

AoG

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a good possibility that a great deal of mail servers will reject the emails too.

Mail servers aren't as open ended as they used to be. I know my mail server will do a reverse MX DNS lookup to verify the server before accepting delivery of the email. I am not sure about that CGI, but it just might fail.

I cannot get to it from here at the office, we block IPs at the firewall from Russia, Asia, and other well known problem areas.

Not only that, but I would be concerned that such a service is being used as an address collector for spammers/phishers and other malcontents.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Both being big problems with this sort of thing.

As a general rule, never send a e-mail through a service you don't trust. And without fairly good reason (like a reputable company behind it) don't trust any such service.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not only that, but I would be concerned that such a service is being used as an address collector for spammers/phishers and other malcontents.

That is an excellent point as well.

That is why we have blocked IPs from certain parts of the world as they are the source of much of the spammers/phishers.

Latest Discussions