Forrest Griffin

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like Forrest's fighting style a lot but I look at how much he gets hit in the head in the ring and am concerned he is looking at being the first big name to suffer life altering damage in the ring or suffer later like Ali.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
well see unfortunatly Forrest is what is known as a ''bleeder'', his skin cuts and swells very easy and as such he looks a lot worse then he is proberly feeling.

Wanderlei silva is another bleeder, yet his is caused by the amount of scar tissue around his eyes from his days of bare knuckle fights.

The gloves in MMA cut you quicker then boxing gloves but they do protect the figthers brain...its not the one punch that kills you its the repeated snapping back of the neck that slams your brain into your skull.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forest takes a lot of shots. That may in the end shorten his career and also cause him to have health issues. Only time will tell.
icon6.gif

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Forest does take a lot of shots, but I still think he is no where near what a boxer would take in his career. But MMA glove cause cuts faster then boxing gloves, and Forrest is a bleeder, so as Odin says, he looks worse, but its surface damage.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
He takes a lot of shots but I thhink that's more of a hole in his game. Look at a guy like Anderson Silva who's guard is always at the ready position and not a punch gets thru to his face because his hands are where they should be or can easily be shifted an inch of 2 to where they should (intinctivly). I look at Forrest and sometimes see hands too low, elbows out too wide, knuckles almost touching (because the elbows are so far apart), makes it a long trip for your hand to move to where it should be.

Latest Discussions