formatting with Word

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just had a problem with word, dealing with formatting of periods. From my understanding, each little period is reduced to a very small space. Is there a way to get all letter (including punctuation) to fit into a normal space? I'm trying to write a table of contents, and no matter what I'm doing, it remains unaligned.

Thanks!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, that just depends on which font you are using. Some keep the same width for each character, others adjust it.

However if I am guessing right and you are looking for a dotted line your approach is not the best for the job. Use indents, either a bunch of tabs or if you want to be "correct" set the tab spacing to move to where you want it. Select the blank space and give it a dotted underline, then it's nicely aligned and if you make corrections to your TOC it doesn't screw up your layout again.

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Yes, that just depends on which font you are using. Some keep the same width for each character, others adjust it.

However if I am guessing right and you are looking for a dotted line your approach is not the best for the job. Use indents, either a bunch of tabs or if you want to be "correct" set the tab spacing to move to where you want it. Select the blank space and give it a dotted underline, then it's nicely aligned and if you make corrections to your TOC it doesn't screw up your layout again.

preliminary tests seem to show that working :) ty ty!

Latest Discussions