For those that enjoy their tinfoil hats...

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thought some of the other nerds here might be interested in this software. Encryption is one of my areas of interest in the field of Computer Science and this seems like some really good, and as always...completely free...software...

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
so why would you wanna do that...knowing my luck id forget my password or somethin

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BrandiJo said:
so why would you wanna do that...knowing my luck id forget my password or somethin

Paranoia...curiosity....security...etc...

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, you don't technically need a password, you can use keyfiles, basically, you give the program a file as your key ...so when you want to decrypt it, you can just give the file again...not really recommended but you can do it

Also...if you delete the file...

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
lol still sounds like to much work and something i could really screw up

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BrandiJo said:

Well while working at a previous company, I encrypted all the files in my home director on the mainframe, with the excpetion of those I as working on. I wrote the software to encrypt and decrypt. A simple cypher. Well, others had been linking to my home area for some utilities I had wrote, and not on the system. They could no longer run them and wrote work tickets with the sysops to find out why. Then they tracked it to me. And then saw it was encrypted. I had to decrypt each file in front of them to prove I had nothing I was hiding.

;) So becareful :D

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah...it'd look a little suspicious at work...

Latest Discussions