Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Training in FMA
By jm07 - Fri, 30 May 2008 22:41:46 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hello all!

I have a question about training. Do you need a partner to effectively train in FMA? Meaning... I have training in Kenpo karate and after you learn a technique and understand what you are trying to do with it you can practice at home drilling the technique over and over. Everything I've personally have seen (which isn't all that much) in FMA is training with a partner.

I want to really commit to training in FMA but I'm in the Navy and can be out to sea anywhere from a day to six months. I dont want to train for a couple of months in FMA then go out to sea for a month and lose what I've learned cause I dont have a training partner. I am in no means saying I want to be an expert over night I'm just saying I know in order to be good and get better you need to train. So can I do this buy myself at times?

Sorry so long and I hope what I'm asking makes sense. Thanks for reading and any advice!

Joe

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Have you tried looking for someone on your ship that also trains? I used to train alone. If there's only someone interested, then maybe you can teach what you know.

When I didn't have a training partner, I hit trees and heavy bags, and shadow boxed. But I had some trouble with takedowns and disarms.

There's no substitute for a human to tell you what you're doing right or wrong, in my opinion.

Latest Discussions