FMAT: Passing of another great instructor of Comjuka

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Passing of another great instructor of Comjuka
By silat1 - 04-03-2010 05:18 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I just learned that GM Bart Figuerora of Comjuka died on 17 February 2010.. I had the opportunity to train with a lot of Comjuka practitioners and instructors from the Angeles City region of Pampanga back in the 70s and 80s when I was stationed in the Philippines.. The Comjuka instructors of those days were hard core and the majority of them were part of the now defunct Philippine Karate Association and had their instructors and members of their clubs participating in Tournaments all over Luzon.. The last time I was involved with any of the tourneys involving the Comjuka systems in the Philippines was during a national tourney held at Camp Crame in 1981.. We also had a strong Comjuka showing at the annual Fil-Am tourney we had at Clark AB along with Subic Bay Naval Base when the US armed forces allowed for karate competitions at the bases all over the Pacific Rim.. At the time, There was an armed forces tourney circuit that was predominately held in the Pacific Rim military bases.. A good time for all who were involved..

Please take a moment and in rememberance of a Filipino Martial arts Legend in the Angeles City area, please say good bye to GM Figuerora

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions