FMAT: If you do FMA and another MA...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
If you do FMA and another MA...
By geezer - 07-02-2010 05:13 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

For all of you who practice FMA along with another martial art, especially a traditional martial art, have you ever felt pressure to drop the FMA and focus only on the other art? Well, I get that feeling sometimes. Rather than respect what I do, some of my colleagues in the TMA I practice act disapproving, and I've been told that if I am really serious about developing a higher level of skill, I'll have to get away from that "eskrima stuff" and other counter-productive distractions like the bit of weight-training I do and so on.

I suppose this is better than how it used to be. When the TMA group I belong to was associated with the old, asian GM of that system, he outright told me I had to quit FMA. I ended up quitting martial arts completely for about 15 years. A few years back I started up again under a splinter group that seemed more open. I respect their point of view and go along with their rules as far as I can. I don't train with their competitors, I pay my assn. due$, but I'm not giving up my FMA. Anybody else have to deal with this kind of bunk?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions