FMAT: Filipino Fighting Arts - Anyone know anything about these guys? Something seems off.

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Filipino Fighting Arts - Anyone know anything about these guys? Something seems off.
By jwinch2 - 11-06-2010 09:11 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

http://www.filipino-fighting-arts.co...id=6&Itemid=11

Unfortunately, somethings are screaming "McDojo" when I read their website. You can get ranked as an apprentice instructor with what amounts to 32 hours of supervised training time via seminars and private study. Or at least that is how it reads to me.

Am I seeing this wrong? I hate to drop that label without reason but I also hate the idea of FMA's going this route. Someone please feel free to correct me if I am off base here. The gradings of the instructors seem legitimate even though there are multiple statements about earning instructor rankings within one year's time which seems a bit odd considering the scope of the systems they had studied. I know that it is theoretically possible if one were to study directly several hours per day for that whole year but that seems unlikely, particularly for multiple years and multiple systems.

maybe I'm just jaded and seeing things that are not really there... If so, I will gladly apologize or retract my question. The only reason I came across them is a friend posted an advertisement video for their system on Facebook.

Cheers all...

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions