Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
FCS Kali Online Questions..
By Fan the Madman - 03-06-2010 10:50 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hey all,
Got a buddy who is deploying (poor SOB) and he's looking to continue training. He doesn't think his unit is going to be real helpful. He knows I help out my Chinese arts teacher with our gungfu distance program so he hit me up for advice.
My buddy is definitely on the kali-silat side of the fence.. the chinese stuff we do isn't a good fit for him.
I told him I would look around and see. I have two possibilities in mind. One for silat, the other for kali. I know a nice silat guy (Jim Hogue) who teaches online, I know his program and what kind of technology he uses.
The other possibility is Tuhon Ray from FCS Kali Online. I know Tuhon Ray is top-notch in terms of his skill. My question is about the structure of the online classes. Is there homework to be submitted? Is it mostly just videos subscribers can download or is there some sort of lesson-progression structure? Is there a forum or some similar way for students to get their feedback from the instructor?

Anyone familiar with this could help me do a big favor for a guy who's going to be stuck in the sandbox for a minute.

Thanks
Brian

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FCS Kali Online Questions..
By Fan the Madman - 03-06-2010 10:50 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk
====================

The other possibility is Tuhon Ray from FCS Kali Online. I know Tuhon Ray is top-notch in terms of his skill. My question is about the structure of the online classes. Is there homework to be submitted? Is it mostly just videos subscribers can download or is there some sort of lesson-progression structure? Is there a forum or some similar way for students to get their feedback from the instructor?

Anyone familiar with this could help me do a big favor for a guy who's going to be stuck in the sandbox for a minute.

Thanks
Brian

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Since about 40 people looked at this thread here on MT, I will respond to this query as an official officer of FCS-Kali.

FCS Kali Online is Tuhon Ray's attempt to provide a learning tool that contains the most current material regarding FCS-Kali. It is collage of his personal classes and segments from seminars. It is not currently organized in such a way as to teach FCS-Kali from 'A' to 'Z' but it is a handy way to keep up to date of new material or modifcations.

There are no homework assignments per se, but if a user decides to practice the material, of course, being mindful of their current medical condition, safety, and assuming all risk, they are free to do so.

Finally, the preferred avenue of feedback is for a student is to seek instruction from a Certified FCS-Kali Instructor in their region and/or attend an FCS-Kali International Gathering.

Best regards,

Guro Harold Evans
Lakan Guro
Southeastern US Director
FCS-Kali

Latest Discussions