FMAT: about my name...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
about my name...
By The Old Way Traveler - 08-04-2010 05:57 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

:) hi guys... how are things with everyone? i hope all is well... anyways, i just wanted to shine a little light on what my name "the old way traveler" means..

geezer asked before if it was similar with Kada Anan here in Arizona.. to an extent it is, i know the guys that are part of Kada Anan, but that's not the reason i chose this name..

i really, truly believe that FMA, with all the styles, and varieties and schools in the world right now are basicially the same, in a sense.. all of us are travelling the same path, to learn, to grow and to walk the path laid out by our ancestors and our elders..

i think that no matter what style they learn, no matter if their school is more popular than others, no matter that their way wins in tournaments or not.. we still walk the path... we travel the road of perfecting the art that we love... i appreciate all forms of FMA, i really don't think that one is superior over the other... it's kinda like the car you drive on a freeway.. some like big SUVs... others like a small, economical car.. it just depends on the person's comfort level that makes him/her choose which style they want to learn..

so that's it.. i hope everyone can see a little bit of what i am as an FMA practitioner.. i am a traveler who prefers to honor the elders by learning with passion, dedication, and joy.. a sponge for knowledge who really wants to soak in as much as he can about something he respects and adores..

thanks again for reading this!

james

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions