firearms

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Stick Dummy
I would love to learn to shoot handguns defensively, and apply it to my martial arts skills, maybe Seig can take me under his wing and teach me the basics............

I don't know about handleing the recoil and noise though
Do NOT MAKE me smack the living $h1T out of you!
:roflmao:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jill666
The noise really isn't bad inside the range, if you have those ear muffler things on. You don't get headache or tinnitus either. Outside it disperses some.

The recoil isn't much of a factor in smaller weapons, and by the time you move to larger calibers, you are able to adjust.

I just think there are things that everyone should know in life- how to shoot, change a tire & do a tune-up, drive a stick, pick a lock, stuff like that. What if you had to shoot & couldn't. I dunno, I just like improving my odds in life where possible.

Besides, hitting the ten-ring is a rush!:D
Jill,
Pete was yanking my chain. I am a skilled shooter, combat and LE trained, and I still learn a lot from that "Dummy." He has forgotten more about firearms than most people will ever know. and he has not forgotten a whole heck of a lot.

OP
S

Stick Dummy

:rofl:

Seig,

Thats it ruin my "come hither said the spider to the fly routine....."

Then why can't I remember the #$%^ Techs???

This "senior moment/motion" stuff is getting way uncool for this spindley little old guy. Mr C. will be having puppies when he sees spaz of death, I mean dance of death, i mean what was I talking about???????

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Seig,

Thats it ruin my "come hither said the spider to the fly routine....."

Then why can't I remember the #$%^ Techs???

This "senior moment/motion" stuff is getting way uncool for this spindley little old guy. Mr C. will be having puppies when he sees spaz of death, I mean dance of death, i mean what was I talking about???????
Practice, practice, spastic, practice.
You don't have anything else to d o today, go hang with Wilbur for a bit and see if your memory doesn't improve.:lol:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[ Mr C. will be having puppies when he sees spaz of death, I mean dance of death, i mean what was I talking about??????? [/B]

Gosh, I hope you aren't trying the extension part on the end. I'd be scared to be your partner!!!:confused: :rofl:

OP
S

Stick Dummy

Seig,

Hang with WHO!!!!!! :barf:

jfarnsworth - Extension part?? Huh? I just BARELY understand Delayed Sword and Blocking set.............

I better stop, or TessMania will give me another "Bloody Beak" technique.:D

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jfarnsworth - Extension part?? Huh? I just BARELY understand Delayed Sword and Blocking set.............

Ok, I just thought the way you said spaz of death that you were actually doing the full technique of "Dance of Death".

OP
R

Richard S.

Originally posted by Doc
Actually Ed Parker once said, "I supplement my firearms training with Kenpo." remember if you're going to name your w eapons, you start with the most potent first. :)
i stand corrected... now, does anyone have a preferred caliber weapon? ive tried a .45 , .357sig and so far ive decided that a .40sw provides the characteristics im looking for............nuthin but love.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How can one not love the Atchison 12 Ga? It has a 50 round box magazine, that alternates double 00 Buck and slugs. Of course, the Childers has a similar set up using a drum magazine, less muzzle climb and a somewhat reduced recoil.
I think Mel Gibson said it best, "Uzi, when you are serious about home security."

OP
S

Stick Dummy

It ain't what you got, its how you use it............

I have a good friend with a rusty old Chinese 9mm, but doubt he would miss out to 40 or so yards.

Anything ABSOLUTELY 100% reliable, with good ammo would work for me.

Guess a Kimber .45, or SIG P-229 .40 are as good as any for my palsied skills.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It ain't what you got, its how you use it............

I have a good friend with a rusty old Chinese 9mm, but doubt he would miss out to 40 or so yards.

Anything ABSOLUTELY 100% reliable, with good ammo would work for me.

Guess a Kimber .45, or SIG P-229 .40 are as good as any for my palsied skills.

Latest Discussions