Fenix Flashlights

7starmarc

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the tactical flashlights made by Fenix (for SD, of course)? I've always seen Surefire recommended, but a coworker was showing me some ads for the Fenix stuff.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've played with a couple and they seem pretty good.
If you want a good light that doesn't break the bank, check out the Nitecor flashlights. They're extremely bright (some models are around 150 Lumens) and some of them run on just a single AA or 123a battery. I have a friend that just got one of the AA models and it's very impressive, far brighter than my Surefire (not that you can go wrong with a Surefire either...).

allenjp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I dunno, I love my Surefire E2D Defender at 125 lumens, but it uses two lithium batteries and it's also a $135 flashlight. I would like to get one with a strobe setting though.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like my E2D as well, I could care less about the "strike bezel" (I actually think it's kind of stupid) but I like the small size, lightweight body, and pocket clip.

The only real downside, IMO, is the fact that the incandescent bulbs have the potential to go out if dropped, etc. The "clickie" switches also aren't the most "stable" system from what I've heard, though I've never had any problems with mine.

Latest Discussions