Feiyue Shoes

yaxomoxay

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi - I heard that Feiyue shoes are pretty decent for not-vigorous training. Are they ok for out-of-dojan use (casual wear, grocery shopping, few mins of running etc.)?
I was looking at this reasonably priced model: http://www.amazon.com/Feiyue-Martia...ing-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1322426749&sr=1-1-spell

Thanks,
Enrico

Edit: please keep in mind I am not into shoe shopping. 99.9% of the time I wear Converse All-Star Chuck Taylors Hi-top (different colors :) ), and that's it. For some reason Converse All-Stars shoes are the only kind that don't bother my Achilles tendon when I run.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually Fei Yue are great shoes for MA training & hold up better than most.

I don't think I'd run a marathon in them or try to climb the Himalayas, but for the price they are great. I go through a pair when I trained constantly (7 days a week, 4 tol 6 hours a day for 3 years) about every four months. No I'm down to about 2 pair a year since I teach more than I train currently. Although that's about to change & for the better.

If you're going to wear them for everyday use, you'll go through them pretty quickly since the sole is very gummy. But again, the price is low enough to purchase a couple of pairs at a time to get you through the year for the price of one set of something else, like the Chuck's you mentioned.

Latest Discussions