Exploitation of Europeans and Americans or any caucasion in Bollywood!

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
They're some trusting souls in this world. I would never go off with anyone like this while in a foreign country. How did they know it wasn't a ruse to kidnap some westerners by some terrorist organization? They're lucky they only thing they had to escape from was boredom.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow. Globalization IS a two-way street.

While I can understand the distress that situation might have put those Westerners in, imagine the initial distress/abuse an illegal migrant worker might endure while working for little money in a more "developed" country.

Getting fined $70 US for skipping out on a Bollywood flick? Or getting deported for not working hard enough for an unethical employer in the US?

Which is worse?

I think those people in the vid got off light. Besides, as tourists, they can go home with a story worth more than any souvenir one can buy.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They're some trusting souls in this world. I would never go off with anyone like this while in a foreign country. How did they know it wasn't a ruse to kidnap some westerners by some terrorist organization? They're lucky they only thing they had to escape from was boredom.

I totally agree. Whatever happened to "don't get into a stranger's car?"

That kind of wisdom should last a lifetime. Apparently, it didn't for those tourists.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The film industry is ALL about "hurry up and wait." But I think these folks tried to buy the promise of fun, food and air conditioning with great disappointment.

Duh.

Unless you have an agent, don't get into film. Anywhere.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The film industry is ALL about "hurry up and wait." But I think these folks tried to buy the promise of fun, food and air conditioning with great disappointment.

Duh.

Unless you have an agent, don't get into film. Anywhere.

Absolutely true!!!
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions