Equipment advice

Azural

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, guys.

Just recently I attained the love for this art, and I have decided to take it far more seriously. I am in the need of my own focus mitts, and thai pads, but I do not wish to just buy any pair I find. Could anyone suggest a decent brand, and possibly a URL to where I can find them? I'm all ears, and would really appreciate the advice.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ringside, Combat Sports International, Fairtex and even Title Boxing all carry good quality muay thai equipment. Ringside even carries Windy brand from Thailand. You can also try Aries. The Windy and Fairtex brands do tend to be a bit more expensive but they are worth it. If you are on a budget then try the others I mentioned. If you can find Thaismai or Masterline brands, they are good too.

OP
Azural

Azural

White Belt
Reaction score
I talked to some of the fighters from around here and they all said they like fairtex, so I decided to go with them. A bit spendy, but worth it I am sure. Thanks for all the help.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes they are a bit high, but well worth it. Fairtex is excellent quality gear. You won't be disappointed.

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have both Fairtex and Windy. I personally notice that my Windy supplies last a bit longer.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have a pair of Aries thai pads and those things are solid and can take a beating. I bought an Aries tear drop heavy bag and once I start using it, I'll keep everyone posted on the quality.

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Have you givent that Aries tear drop some beatings yet? I'm eager to see how it turns out. I haven't heard much feedback on that particular gear.

Truong

White Belt
Reaction score
the aries tear bags are excellent, we have one at the gym i go to and that thing has taken a great deal of punishment and is still standing strong...(the bag is 2 years old)

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well I didn't get the Aries tear drop heavy bag. That thing was on back order for an unknown amount of time. I bought a 90lb half leather and half nylon heavy bag (14" dia. x 36"L) from combat sports international. It is actually better than I expected. Highly recommend it for muay thai training. The leather area on the bag is hard and works the hell out of a shin bone.

Latest Discussions