Enough about me.....lets talk about me

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That is terrific news. And a real endorsement for the idea that it's never too late to get into shape.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thank You, my goal is 200Lbs, at this point.

Also just added regular Yoga workouts back in last week...damn I'm inflexible....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Keep rocking it, brother.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thank You, my goal is 200Lbs, at this point.

Also just added regular Yoga workouts back in last week...damn I'm inflexible....
Awesome. I hope you get there and more.

Regarding Yoga, one of my oldest friends is a yoga instructor. She got my wife and me into some classes. My wife loves it. I promptly threw out my back. Seriously. I'm afraid to go back! :)

GiYu - Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Outstanding. I hope you keep at it, and avoid trees.

I definitely understand the struggle. My weight had been slowly climbing for the past couple years. Then following ankle surgery in October, I got up to 240lbs... which I wasn't happy with. Finally returning to exercise and started watching my consumption the beginning of Feb. Down to 228 last night, with a target of 200 (although my body really resists going below 210). Knees already feel better.

Good luck to you.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Awesome. I hope you get there and more.

Regarding Yoga, one of my oldest friends is a yoga instructor. She got my wife and me into some classes. My wife loves it. I promptly threw out my back. Seriously. I'm afraid to go back! :)

Yoga done right is quite refreshing...yoga done wrong is quite painful...and I have experience on both sides of that coin :)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're making positive changes. Keep it up! I know your family will appreciate it.

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm on a similar journey to better health, I was almost 230lbs in 2013 and I am now at 180lbs, thanks to a combination of MA and constant brisk walking.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great news Keep it up my friend. I need to get serious about getting back into better shape. I've gained about 15 pounds working midnight shift. poor diet and lack of movement I'm starting to feel it now.