Eddie Carpentier

Boyd Ritchie

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Here is a photo of a young Eddie Wiecz Carptentier fighting in the UK. Eddie is one of the last of the great Hookers. He was great friends with and influenced Karl Gotch as Gotch influenced him also. Eddie is Catch mentor to my Catch mentor Kris Iatskevich and is responsible for bringing us real Catch Wrestling. Great tribute to a fantastic athlete. Eddie is the man who took the world title from Lou Thesz when wrestling was still real.
carpentierinukmat1.jpg

www.buffalocatchwrestling.com
www.catchwrestlingcanada.com

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here is a photo of a young Eddie Wiecz Carptentier fighting in the UK. Eddie is one of the last of the great Hookers. He was great friends with and influenced Karl Gotch as Gotch influenced him also. Eddie is Catch mentor to my Catch mentor Kris Iatskevich and is responsible for bringing us real Catch Wrestling. Great tribute to a fantastic athlete. Eddie is the man who took the world title from Lou Thesz when wrestling was still real.
carpentierinukmat1.jpg

www.buffalocatchwrestling.com
www.catchwrestlingcanada.com

Eduoard Carpentier was a great wrestler, but the bouts between Carpentier and Thez were not real wrestling events, they were pre-arranged, as were pretty much all the fights were at the time.

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember watching Edouard Carpentier when I was a kid.

Back then you could go to these small auditoriums and watch these great athletes, even though what they did was fake wrestling.

Latest Discussions