E-Book Reader?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My daughter would like a Palm/PocketPC/similar for reading e-books. (The Wizard of Oz series, mostly.) Is there a cheap pocket device out there that reads e-books (in whatever format) and takes notes? I don't want to get a $250 device just for reading books.

E

Elfan

You're have to research that whatever part carefully. Some e-books are just nice HTML while others are in funky formats.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The stuff she wants in usually available in a variety of formats, so that isn't an issue. I like using .lit (MicroSoft) but can get stuff in that, .pdb (Palm), .html, .pdf, etc. She mostly wants to read classic children's stuff that's out there in several formats already--L. Frank Baum, Roald Dahl, etc.

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One of the cheaper Palm devices would be fine. If she wants to pile books on it, look for at least 8Mb RAM though. They start at about £80 here now, which is probably only $100 in American terms, using the things-be-cheaper-in-the-states-cuss formula ;)

Ian.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, there's a B&W Palm Zire for $95-$99 that we looked at. It's the lead option now but it'd be nice to get something cheaper for what little she wants from it.

Latest Discussions