Does anyone have any info on this man-Pan Qing Fu?

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
His knuckles look like golfballs covered with skin.

Cthulhu

OP
T

tonbo

I don't know the gentleman personally, but my wife used to train under someone who would train with (i.e., under) Master Pan.

From what I have heard, he is definitively the real deal, and he has quite an impressive list of skills. He is also very demanding as an instructor, requiring that students be willing to handle serious physical stress with no complaint (after reading the article, this should be obvious).

I have also read some of his quotes and materials, and he has a lot of good stuff.

Peace--

OP
M

MartialArtist

I've personally never heard of him. But so far from the people who know him, he appears to be able to back most of his claims.

But surprise surprise, does anyone think BB Magazine is exaggerating a bit, especially with the police stories? Or did they actually happen the way it is stated?

One comparison. From the photos on that website (not his personal website), doesn't he look like that evil painting guy from Ghostbusters II.

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

yes he is for real iron and silk is also and awesome movie and book... he is also featured in a thing on martial arts on either a&e or the learning channel... not sure which one... but it actually shows him striking the steel... its pretty thick steel too he lays it across his knees while sitting... lol sorry cant give any personal accounts of watching him other than on the biography and in iron and silk... always been kinda curious if the bricks in that movie were real or staged

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by TLH3rdDan
yes he is for real iron and silk is also and awesome movie and book... he is also featured in a thing on martial arts on either a&e or the learning channel... not sure which one... but it actually shows him striking the steel... its pretty thick steel too he lays it across his knees while sitting... lol sorry cant give any personal accounts of watching him other than on the biography and in iron and silk... always been kinda curious if the bricks in that movie were real or staged
On his website, it says the Discovery Channel.

I think the bricks in the movie are real for reasons of sound and the overall feel of the scene but that's IMO. I'm no expert in film.

OP
A

andurilking2

One comparison. From the photos on that website (not his personal website), doesn't he look like that evil painting guy from Ghostbusters II.
now that you mention it i thaught he looked familiar, a real ugly chap aint he?

Latest Discussions