Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
King Mo On Zuffa Zombie Mentality
By snakerattle79 - 01-16-2011 03:09 PM
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

King Mo calls out fans' knowledge of MMA outside of UFC

"If some of this stuff happened in the UFC, the fans would give it more praise for sure. If Overeem did some of the things he's doing in the UFC, he would be considered the next God. The fact of the matter is a lot of these fans aren't familiar with what's going on in Japan, and then they try to call Strikeforce 'Strikefarce' because they hear Dana White call it that. Dana White has his own opinion or whatever, but fight fans need to have their own opinion and their own way of thinking, but we know that's asking a lot."

Exclusive: The King Returns in 2011 - Bloody Elbow

"Mousasi was like my sixth or seventh fight. In the fight I tried trading with him but he was covering up from my strikes so I took his *** down. Now they say he is overrated. Simply put if he was in the UFC and I was in the UFC and that fight happened we wouldn't get that flack and we would've been all good. Some people are just groupies and they are idiots who are quick to say that someone is overrated just because they don't know **** about MMA. They may know certain things about the sport but they don't know **** about MMA. I had an argument with some dude on Twitter because he was trying to say that Fedor is overrated. I asked him how Fedor was overrated and he answered with "yeah man...he beat Arlovski who doesn't have a chin and Cro Cop whose washed up. He beat Nogueira who is washed up too." I'm like what the hell? If Fedor is overrated then what do you consider Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar or Frank Mir? Fedor was beating the guys who they are beating way before those guys got the chance to fight them. People love to jump on and say people are overrated when they lose. When that happens they say "ah he's no good" or "he's overrated". People don't understand that MMA is not a sprint..it's a calculated marathon. Chuck Liddell shouldn't have lost to Jeremy Horn and the next thing you know Chuck is one of the best 205 lb. fighters to ever compete in the MMA game. So what does that say about him? If that fight would have happened now people would have said Chuck was overrated. Or that he sucks and he's no good. You can't base somebody's career off a few losses. A career is judged by the overall outlook and total performance."

Read More...

Latest Discussions