====================

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

Last edited by a moderator:

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I urge everyone that watched this video NOT to attempt to do any of what is in it....honestly if you want to learn how to fight a grappler go down to an MMA of BJJ gym and ask them how to defend takedowns.

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
How to fight a grappler - Erle Montaigue
By Eagleye - Thu, 27 Sep 2007 03:30:39 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums
====================

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

I may be wrong, but I think Erle was a professional wrestler in his early years. He has a bunch of stuff out in case you didn't know. www.taijiworld.com articles, downloads, free instructionals and stuff. He responds to emails pretty quickly. He's pretty radical with his views on taiji/tai chi, so I wouldn't question that too much. I don't care for him much, but his information on Dim Mak is probably the most comprehensive and easy to follow info out there.

Anyway, here's the book that goes with the video http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Dim-...3642211?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190922257&sr=8-1

I do believe that the best way to deal with a grappler is to actually know the moves and take classes, rather than learn how to defend against the moves. If one knows what's coming then perhaps proper adjustments can be made and the stuff in his videos and books would be effective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, he was a professional wrestler for a while, that's where the Erle Montaigue name comes from.

Like Bigfoot, I'm not a great fan of Erle's work generally, and he has some funny ideas.

The best advice;
Know how a grappler fights and you will know how to fight him.