Desert Eagle 1911

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, you heard me right. This thing's gotta be so cool, I've already got a thing for Desert Eagle but this just adds some cool to it.

desert_eagle_1911-tfb.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/12/22/magnum-research-desert-eagle-1911/

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Last edited:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Pretty.

Just a shame the 1911 has reached the point in its history it's been eclipsed by other models....but then revolvers are still around, so why not?

Given that it is a 100+ year old design and is now being produced by more companies and in greater quantities than ever, speaks to John Browning's genius.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Given that it is a 100+ year old design and is now being produced by more companies and in greater quantities than ever, speaks to John Browning's genius.

Now if only they'd make a Browning Hi-Power in .45 ACP (Or at least .357 SIG, since there's a .40 model available and the diameter wouldn't have to change)

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks nice, and if it falls in line with Magnum Research's other offerings, should be a solid performer.

However, my question is this: what does it offer that the other companies don't? Does it exceed the clockwork precision of a Wilson or Kimber? Does it come in at a lower price than the Springfield Mil-spec (not likely)? Does it have some sort of advantage in recoil reduction?

Unless it offers something unique, or a combination of great features not found in other competitors, then they may be over-reaching here.

OP
Omar B

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
True. I would love to see a detailed parts diagram as well as materials makeup to see for myself what's different/better about this one. To me, 1911s are pretty much the same except for materials and weight (which ties into materials).

Latest Discussions