Datu Gathering

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There have been several rumors floating around on the internet that a Datu gathering hosted by myself (Datu Tim Hartman) might be happening sometime in the future. This letter is to verify that I indeed have planned and am currently in the final stages of putting this event together. This information came out while Dan Anderson announced that he was doing a Modern Arnis gathering (AKA Symposium II). I did not let this information out in public because there were a couple of details I had not taken care of yet. Unlike the Symposium II, I wanted to make sure this event was going to happen. I have talked to all of the Datus except for Mr. Hoffman (who has been MIA up until recently) and they have all agreed that they would be interested in participating in this event.

Unfortunately, Dan inadvertently created a conflict with these two events. I don’t blame Dan because he had no idea what I was planning. Unfortunately, the effect is still the same - my event has to be postponed. At the moment, the Datu Gathering will be in 2006. This way it will not conflict with the remnants of Dan’s initial symposium.

The three leading locations to host this event are Buffalo, NY; Detroit, MI or Philadelphia, PA. We are looking at a two to three day camp, or a possible multi-city seminar tour. I am approaching the final stages of getting the finances taken care of for all the instructors. It is very important to me that no one loses money on this event, which is why I waited so long before making this event public.

I will update everyone as I get more information about this.

Respectfully,:asian:

Latest Discussions