Dan listing?

mckenzieckk

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all IÂ’m new to the site and IÂ’m a member of the Tang Soo Do Federation. IÂ’ve been trying to surf around and find what IÂ’m looking for but havenÂ’t had any luck yet. A few students and I are trying to find out Master KimÂ’s dan number without going to our seniors. Is there a list or something accessible I could look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tang Soo!!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Which Master Kim? Kim is the most common name in Korea....I know 3 Master Kims just here, not counting the ones in the states. :)

Are you talking about the International Tang Soo Do Federation stationed in Monroeville, PA? (Choong Jae Nim Kim, Chun Sik)

OP
M

mckenzieckk

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for responding and IÂ’m sorry I was so vague. I have Choong Jae Nim Master Chun Sik KimÂ’s (915) I was referring to his son. Thanks again.

Tang Soo!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best bet then, is to e-mail Master Joe Goss...I am sure that he either has it or can get it. You can find his e-mail on the International Tang Soo Do Federation Website, or at www.joegosskarate.com

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any time, hopefully that is the right one!

If that doesn't produce any results, I am going to my headquarters gym in Itaewon soon, I can ask around there if they have the records.

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, Master Kim's dan number is 915. We have to memorize that...I just remember that I have to take the 9:15 train...

Now we have to remember our sa bom nim's dan number as well. Luckily, my sa bom nim's number is the same as the day before my birthday, 30186. :-þ