Curious about CMA Form

Shawn-San

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I recently seen a video of a form being performed and would like to ask you great people your expert opinion on what this style is. To me it represents Kung Fu. I know there's Wushu and Wing Chun and each are differentiated by the regions in which they were taught, but I'm not the least bit knowlegable in the different Chinese Martial Arts.
Can you also please tell me what form is being performed as well. It appears to be an advanced form. The movements are so fluid and done beautifully.

Last edited by a moderator:

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recently seen a video of a form being performed and would like to ask you great people your expert opinion on what this style is. To me it represents Kung Fu. I know there's Wushu and Wing Chun and each are differentiated by the regions in which they were taught, but I'm not the least bit knowlegable in the different Chinese Martial Arts.
Can you also please tell me what form is being performed as well. It appears to be an advanced form. The movements are so fluid and done beautifully.

It's a Northern Shaolin form from the Songshan temple. No idea what form it is... it's not what I do.

Golden Harvest

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Don't be too captivated. This is a basic form to develop power and flexibility, and it is wushu. The prime focus of wushu is competition and obtaining points from the judges to win. Martial art application is secondary or even neglected since there are no points given for it. I do have to say that I find wushu to be very exciting and entertaining to watch. More power to you if this is what you want.

Regards.

Latest Discussions