Cross-side to compression choke

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it snowed pretty bad here yesterday, and class was really rather small, so we took some pictures of some randomly pulled techniques. Here's the first:

I have kyle in a cross side position, and grab my right knee with my right hand.

Attachments

• $crossside-choke-1.JPG
    $crossside-choke-1.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 162
OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seeing that his right knee is within reach I sit up and grab his leg, hooking it with my left arm.

Attachments

• $crossside-choke-2.JPG
    $crossside-choke-2.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 170
OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grabbing my knees I push my back into him and squeeze my knees together compressing his chest so that he can't breath.

Attachments

• $crossside-choke-3.JPG
    $crossside-choke-3.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 149

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A personal favorite. I'm a man-handler! If the left hand slips, though, you run the risk of him working towards your back...I only do it with those I outweigh enough to get away with it.

Rebiu

<B>Banned</B>
Reaction score
Bad technique.

Only works on people with a stiff back of extremely low tolorance for discomfort.

1. You grab the hamstring just below the knee not the knee in this control.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bad technique.

Only works on people with a stiff back of extremely low tolorance for discomfort.

1. You grab the hamstring just below the knee not the knee in this control.

You assume that a technique has to result in a tap to be effective, this sucks, even if you don't tap. Forces the guy to fight out, which is good as he is uncomfortable and burning more energy to do so, often leading to other opportunities as well.

Rebiu

<B>Banned</B>
Reaction score
You assume that a technique has to result in a tap to be effective, this sucks, even if you don't tap. Forces the guy to fight out, which is good as he is uncomfortable and burning more energy to do so, often leading to other opportunities as well.

I suppose that is true. It is difficult to transition out of this one without getting triangled.

Latest Discussions