cool ebay auction

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Reminds me of that French movie Amelie (sp?) where she sends the garden gnome all over the world. :D

Robyn :)

OP
mj_lover

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
might have gotten the idea from there, who knows? :idunno:

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
so much for originality.
I can't give specifics because it's been about 15 years or so and I have damaged those particular brain cells.
Turns out there was an elderly couple who had a ceramic frog in thier front yard.
One day,they Mr.Frog was gone.
They thought someone had stolen him and figure "oh well".
Then about 2 weeks later,they recieved a letter with a picture of the frong in Hawaii with a note saying not to woryy and he was ok and having a great vaction.
Then every week or so,they were getting pic's of the frog from countries all over the world.
After about 3 months,they got a letter saying exactly when the frog would be home.
On the day in question,a limo pulls up and they find the frog in the back seat with flowers for the couple and wearing sunglasses..No people other than the driver.
Eventually,it turns out,a guy kept riding by and saw how bored the frog looked after all these years just sitting there,so he decided to grab the frog one day and took him on a world tour.
The man in question was a tattoo artist and was doing events all around the world.
It made the news and they,including the Mr.Frog,were on Good Morning America(which is where I saw them).
In the end,they elderly couple bought Mr.Frog a Mrs.Frog to keep him company.

and they still live "happily ever after" to this day.

So begat the "travelling ceramic" phenomenon.

C

CrankyDragon

That was cool, I never come up with the good ideas in time!!