coming to Tucson AZ

hunt1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to be bringing my daughter to tennis camp in Tucson. While there I would like to squeeze in a little wing chun time. Hope to meet you Joy and if anyone else is there and would like to meet. Hope we can arrange something. Going to be taking 25 to 10 but if anyone in Phoenix wants to meet I can also go go through there to Flagstaff on the return trip. Going to be making 2 trips drop off and pick up.

Hunter

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to be bringing my daughter to tennis camp in Tucson. While there I would like to squeeze in a little wing chun time. Hope to meet you Joy and if anyone else is there and would like to meet. Hope we can arrange something. Going to be taking 25 to 10 but if anyone in Phoenix wants to meet I can also go go through there to Flagstaff on the return trip. Going to be making 2 trips drop off and pick up.

Hunter
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Hunter- what days will you be in Arizona? I am in Tempe which is in the Phoenix metro and I am not too far from I-10. I hope that we can coordinate our schedules.My web site has an email contact link and although I have some hearing loss, I am in the phone book.Let me know?

joy chaudhuri

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Hunter- what days will you be in Arizona? I am in Tempe which is in the Phoenix metro and I am not too far from I-10. I hope that we can coordinate our schedules.My web site has an email contact link and although I have some hearing loss, I am in the phone book.Let me know?

joy chaudhuri

Email me too, "Hunt". It would be fun to get together. That goes for you too, Joy. Jeff Webb will be coming to town in a couple of weeks. I'm sure he and Robert will want to look you up again, and since I'm off work this time around, I'll definitely want to join them! Hope we can work it out. --Steve

OP
H

hunt1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Should have my travel schedule finalized today. will contact both of you to see what we can arrange.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Email me too, "Hunt". It would be fun to get together. That goes for you too, Joy. Jeff Webb will be coming to town in a couple of weeks. I'm sure he and Robert will want to look you up again, and since I'm off work this time around, I'll definitely want to join them! Hope we can work it out. --Steve
_________________________________Hi Steve- the plan was to meet and eat and chat on June 3, Friday at Harlow's in Tempe. Bob said ok with him. Jeff should reconfirm? The original plan was Jeff's. Great if you can join us.

Hunter- let us know when you finalize your plans.I am not too far from I 10. Broadway exit- turn east- turn south on Priest- after 3nd stoplight is 12 th place and then 12th street-Turn east on 12th street and at the end of the block it will dead end on Margo... and my place is on the corner accross the street-usually a 58 blue vw bug is in the driveway.

joy

OP
H

hunt1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Got everything at last.

Will be dropping my daughter at the Univ of AZ on Sunday June 6th. So I can get together the night of Sunday June 6th after 6 PM. And I am picking her up on Friday June 11th so I can also get together on Thursday June 10th in the late afternoon or evening.

So Joy and Geezer let me know which is better for you . Thursday is probably better for me since I will just drive to Phoenix and then head to Tucson Friday morning. Sunday I would drop her off then drive up to Phoenix so more road time on that day.

Look forward to meeting you.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Got everything at last.

Will be dropping my daughter at the Univ of AZ on Sunday June 6th. So I can get together the night of Sunday June 6th after 6 PM. And I am picking her up on Friday June 11th so I can also get together on Thursday June 10th in the late afternoon or evening.

So Joy and Geezer let me know which is better for you . Thursday is probably better for me since I will just drive to Phoenix and then head to Tucson Friday morning. Sunday I would drop her off then drive up to Phoenix so more road time on that day.

Look forward to meeting you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hunter- Thursday June 10 could work for me. I teach a class at 7.30 pm which you can visit and you can come a little earlier so we can talk some more. Steve would be welcome too. Let me know? Most likely-I will have a date on Sunday evening.
joy chaudhuri

OP
H

hunt1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Great Joy Thursday June 10th it is.

OP
H

hunt1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Got it Joy. Thanks , will see you tomorrow.

Hunter

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Stephen-I thought you were coming on Thursday.Sorry that we missed you. Hunter came and we had a good visit.

joy chaudhuri

OP
H

hunt1

Green Belt
Reaction score
A fast report. I finally met Joy after years of online interaction. Was a good visit. Joy has some great stories and is a gentleman. It was interesting to see him teach a class. His students share his attitude . I recommend anyone ever in the Phoenix area should pay him a visit.

Geezer what Happened? I drive 500 miles to meet you and you weren't there. Very disappointing. You haven't switched to HFY wing chun now have you?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A fast report. I finally met Joy after years of online interaction. Was a good visit. Joy has some great stories and is a gentleman. It was interesting to see him teach a class. His students share his attitude . I recommend anyone ever in the Phoenix area should pay him a visit.

Geezer what Happened? I drive 500 miles to meet you and you weren't there. Very disappointing. You haven't switched to HFY wing chun now have you?

Yes, I admit it... that's exactly what happened. How did you know?

Actually Hunter, I'm sorry I missed you. I was just tied up with family stuff. We just finished a seminar the previous weekend (during which a group of us did visit with Joy). Anyway, after taking a bunch of time away from the family to do 'Fu, I always end up having to spend a little extra time "making good" at home.

Besides, ask anybody... Joy is far more interesting than I am! Anyway, I'm sure our paths will cross again. Things just tend to work out that way --Steve

Latest Discussions