Close Quarters Eskrima, Applied Eskrima

appliedeskrima2010

White Belt
Reaction score
My training center is located in West Covina, California about 22 miles East of Lose Angeles.
I specialize in Close Range Eskrima from Balintawak lineage. I still mostly follow the old tradition of one one one training, where I teach one student for one session for 2 hours per session.
I have 10 Modules in my system and Module 1 alone has 26 lessons and as per Guro Dan Inosanto Module 1 alone is a complete system if you master it !
I usually give my students homework on what to do in between the training session or when I am away on trips.
Last year, I was out of the USA almost every month for 2 weeks at a time for seminars and private training in various countries.
My system is very progressive and in due time, you will notice the improvement in your reflex movements.
I tell my students, the ultimate goal is have have faster reflexes, specially when doing empty hands movements.
If you want to be good and excellent empty hands practitioner YOU must first start learning the sticks.
If you can block the high speed stick strikes, it is so easy to see and block empty hands attacks.
At the very beginning of the lessons, I already incorporate foot movements. Footwork is extremely important . My group does not entertain politics since we have so little time to train. That little time to train must revolve in self improvement, not bickering or childish talks.....
Please visit our website at www.appliedeskrima.com for more information.
Good luck on your quest for martial arts excellence ! Master V

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
V,

You wrote below "Close Range Eskrima from Balintawak lineage." Your website has a link to youtube and that video shows a logo with Saavedra System.

I am just curious who you trained with. The lineage list is short and still pretty verifiable.

I, myself, have my training and permission to teach from Manong Ted Buot.

Thanks

My training center is located in West Covina, California about 22 miles East of Lose Angeles.
I specialize in Close Range Eskrima from Balintawak lineage. I still mostly follow the old tradition of one one one training, where I teach one student for one session for 2 hours per session.
I have 10 Modules in my system and Module 1 alone has 26 lessons and as per Guro Dan Inosanto Module 1 alone is a complete system if you master it !
I usually give my students homework on what to do in between the training session or when I am away on trips.
Last year, I was out of the USA almost every month for 2 weeks at a time for seminars and private training in various countries.
My system is very progressive and in due time, you will notice the improvement in your reflex movements.
I tell my students, the ultimate goal is have have faster reflexes, specially when doing empty hands movements.
If you want to be good and excellent empty hands practitioner YOU must first start learning the sticks.
If you can block the high speed stick strikes, it is so easy to see and block empty hands attacks.
At the very beginning of the lessons, I already incorporate foot movements. Footwork is extremely important . My group does not entertain politics since we have so little time to train. That little time to train must revolve in self improvement, not bickering or childish talks.....
Please visit our website at www.appliedeskrima.com for more information.
Good luck on your quest for martial arts excellence ! Master V

OP
A

appliedeskrima2010

White Belt
Reaction score
RICH !
I started learning Eskrima in 1973 when I was a college student in Cebu.
My teachers: Vicente"Inting" Atillo and Crispulo"Ising" Atillo.
In 1976, GM Atillo and I also demonstrated at the very first Asian Martial Arts festival held at the University of San Carlos gymnasium .
Here in the USA , I accompanied GM Atillo in various demos and seminars . I also assisted GM Atillo in teaching Guro Dan Inosanto his system from 2007 to 2009.
GM Atillo and I parted ways, in July, 2010.
I formed my own group on July 6, 2010 and my first student was and still is Guro Dan Inosanto. I instruct him once a week , when I am not out of town teaching on seminars or privates and at home in Los Angeles. Since my separation from GM Atillo, I have expanded the system and made it into a much more progressive system and is totally different from what GM Atillo has been teaching over the years. I am in no way associated with GM Atillo as of the moment and in the near future.... My principle is: We have so little time to train, so politics and personal intrigues must be set aside for the development of Eskrima and one self .
Hope this answer your inquiry ! Best regards.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I am not an escrima person I just want to say how refreshing it is to see such a frank and honest post. Wish more were like it.