Carry Permits for Canadians

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was rather flabberghasted this past week when I met a gentlemen at the Canada Winter Games. He is an ex armed forces doctor. Anyways, we got to talking and he showed us a CCW permit he has for the state of Utah. Told us that an American company travels across Canada doing CCW permit classes for Canadians and helps them with the paper work so that when we visit the states we are allowed to carry firearms in the states that accept the CCW of Utah.

I never knew this was even available to us and will be doing some investigating into this. It will also apparently allow us to transport our firearms across the border when we need to go to different shooting venues.

Can anyone else shed any more light on this for me?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.packing.org , when it's up and running, has a lot of valuable information on CCW and the law in the United States. Dave Workman's book is invaluable. For more information on transporting firearms into contact the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or the US Customs Service.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yes. Non-US residents can get certain non-resident state permits. There are some states that will accept any permit, resident or non-resident, and you'd be perfectly OK, as long as you have a clean record.

The packing.org link has a list of each state.

RBaddorf

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you visit the Phoenix area, http://www.arizonatacticalfirearms.com/ runs a class every Sat. $100.00 for the AZ, training, add $50.00 to also get Utah and Florida, I think this makes you good in 36 states. Call first to see if non U.S. citizens can get the AZ permit. Plus they have alot of machine guns and silencers to drool over and fondle. :)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was rather flabberghasted this past week when I met a gentlemen at the Canada Winter Games. He is an ex armed forces doctor. Anyways, we got to talking and he showed us a CCW permit he has for the state of Utah. Told us that an American company travels across Canada doing CCW permit classes for Canadians and helps them with the paper work so that when we visit the states we are allowed to carry firearms in the states that accept the CCW of Utah.

I never knew this was even available to us and will be doing some investigating into this. It will also apparently allow us to transport our firearms across the border when we need to go to different shooting venues.

True enough. My favorite website, tellner pointed out, is http://www.packing.org and there is a lot of information on it. If you click on the tab, State CCW Info (menu bar shown on top), it will give you a ton of information regarding different states, non-resident requirements, etc. There are brief summaries of legal codes as well within that information.

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions