Car Defence Workshop March 09

Considering how much time most of us spend in and around vehicles, I think this is an often overlooked area of training. Good to see more folks addressing it.
Thanks for posting the clip Brian.

Good stuff.

The entry-exit drill though the car windows looks really cool -- probably best not to practise it on my wife's new car.

Extricating the bad guy from the car with outside turning wrist bend is genius. That's something I would usually use for a take down, but it's a heck of a lot easier than trying to drag uke from the car -- where he's go a lower centre of gravity and plenty to grab onto.

Glad I'm learning Systema -- it's opening a world of possibilities I hadn't considered using a lot of stuff I already knew.

Thanks.

Cool vid of 'good work'.
Can not video post anything along this line.

This study of movement is just 'the work' of more gentle reaction to effect a result.
No basic fist to face -but, fluid reaction and gaining compliant results..though just an example of a possible result...this is a a possible thing to train in.
It is scenario training - just a concept.
A well done possible thingy.

Well done..but not jut one of the roll of situational dice --- IMHO - my study of Systema - is the shake of the dice and working with the roll of the bones of any situation.

All results vary - ONE size does NOT fit all concerned.

Sytema is as much as the marrow of a persons life movement. The opening of the glass door to go to Vlads school reveals much....just sit and watch fluid movement - as a student goes to a session at Vlads school...opening the door.

Considering how much time most of us spend in and around vehicles, I think this is an often overlooked area of training. Good to see more folks addressing it.
Thanks for posting the clip Brian.
It is a seeming overlooked area of defense. Just by people watching far too many people are at their most vulnerable in/around their vehicle.
One habit that I've picked up (thankfully) is looking into the back seat before opening the door.
I liked the extrication techniques, they look good for those stubborn drunk friends who refuse to get out of the car and for officers immobilizing a suspect.

Auto defense. Learn it, know it, live it. :uhyeah:

Thanks Brian

Back