Boston celebrates the Year of the Rat!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On a cultural note...

Tomorrow (Sunday, Feb 17) Boston's Chinatown will be celebrating the Year of the Rat!

There will be a parade, lion dancing, street fairs, and from what I hear...lots and lots of dim sum. I've been told that a few of the Gong Fu schools in the neighborhood are organizing some of the lion dancing.

Anyone else from New England planning on going? :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The Chinese New Year celebrations were A LOT of fun.

I put a bit of a writeup on my blog in case anyone is interested ;)

http://northernsanctuary.blogspot.com/2008/02/happy-year-of-honorable-rat.html

OH MAN... First you tell me the whole Berklee College of Music thing and NOW you throw it in my face that you went to the Chinese New year’s festival in Boston... But I will get even.... I'll show you... I'll go the CHINA for new years one year....:uhyeah: :D

Thanks for the link Carol, I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OH MAN... First you tell me the whole Berklee College of Music thing and NOW you throw it in my face that you went to the Chinese New year’s festival in Boston... But I will get even.... I'll show you... I'll go the CHINA for new years one year....:uhyeah: :D

Thanks for the link Carol, I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Hey, you could have joined us! We would have loved to have you ;)

Seriously....you've been to CHINA...New Years or otherwise...and that alone makes me envious :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hey, you could have joined us! We would have loved to have you ;)

Seriously....you've been to CHINA...New Years or otherwise...and that alone makes me envious :D

That doesn't count, that was last year :uhyeah:

Actually I was supposed to be going back in a couple of months but things change and I am not going now. This is actually a good thing because I am desperately trying to NOT be in Beijing for any part of the Olympics.

And before anyone asks why; My reason think of it this way a city with a permanent population 8 times greater than NYC a little less than 20 times more area than NYC and just about the entire damn place is a construction zone

Latest Discussions