bodyguard schools?

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok tomoro I will be the Big 18 and I was just wondering does anyone have any infor at all about BodyGuard training schools or stuff. I just got out of high School and don't really want to go to collage I want to be A detriot fireman but also have been looking in to bodygurad but does anyone have any info on one?

okinawagojuryu

Green Belt
Reaction score
Adam ,

I've been doing Security for several years , & been through a bodyguard program at a security school . Let me tell you , it's a waste of money . Do something better w/ your money . Most states dont require licsincing , but if you wanna get into bodyguard work , what I would do is , look into seeing if Michigan has Licensing requirements for it . Then see what you would need to do , to go about getting it . Here in FL , there is no such animal , as a bodyguard license , but many that do bodyguard work have their concealed weapon permit , PI license , plus the State armed guard license . You might also wanna go to AAA , and take your int'l drivers license , just in case you will get some detal out of the country . Another thing you may look at getting is a kevlar ( Bullet Proof ) vest , & CPR & 1st aid training . These are all good things to make you more marketable . As far as Bodyguard schools go , i think ESI is the most popular though , but is very expensive , from what I was told , about $10,000 . So , I would save my money , if i were you ; Because m ost will tell you , we have placement , yeah , it's a list of companies , & you gotta call them , or fill out the apps , the schools themselves dont have clients to give you work . I hope this helps . If you have any questions , please feel free to ask away .

David

Latest Discussions