Bobby Taboada's World Balintawak International Summer Camp 2010

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Step Daughter to means has a slight negative ring or connotation to me.

I am not her Biological father, nor her early mid parentis loci (grandfather) during her early / mid childhood.
It allows me to acknowledge the relationship and to me present it as a positive thing that she is a bonus to my life.
Along with her sister, I have two Bonus children, and their mother as my wife. :)
hey Rich have you any youtube videos of your training you can share?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hey Rich have you any youtube videos of your training you can share?

*As I Chisel into stone my reply*
*As the type setter places the .. *
*As the translator types up on a manual type-writer*
What was your question?
Oh yea it was about You-tube.
I do not have an account, and no real videos. I assume there will be some out there. Just not posted by me. :)

I know I have to get with the late 20th century sometime before the second quarter of the current century begins.

On a serious note: I teach Balintawak in Singles and allow people to practice. There will be some pictures of one technique in particular where the back hand comes in and you block with your cane and stick your left hand under theirs and then hook up with the back of the hand and move it a little to your left and then lean a little to the right and strike your strike. Called Tucas - Visayan or Bisayan to English. To open a window or door.
In this position I usually stop before the strike, so lots of pictures are taken here. And it looks like I blocked the incoming strike with my wrist / forearm. :eek:
There might be a little on the "Fighting Sticks of Arnis" with Manong Bobby Taboada on the cover. I have not reviewed this in a few years and I do not remember if some teaching and interview made or just a short cut of an interview.
This DVD is not MINE - it is owned by Empty Minds Films.
I had no input to content or editing.

While many say they like my teaching style of breaking things down and getting people moving slowly and tying pieces together, the critique is that I do not explode and I need more flash. :D

As to Modern Arnis, there might be a couple from the 00's out there. Just once again not posted nor controlled by me.

NOTE: I am a large person who should loose a few more pounds in the mid section. This leads to some saying he cannot be a "real Fighter" or to be taken seriously. Ok, thank you for the feedback (* general not specific to anyone in particular *) and then I move on.

Martial Arts is a passion for me. Not my income. I have worked in the embedded software industry since 1991. This is how I pay my bills. So being up to speed on the latest technology to promote myself has not been a priority to me.
Something I may consider as I get closer to retirement from being an engineer.

*** Why does Rich always ramble in his posts and in person? *** :D Sorry

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
*As I Chisel into stone my reply*
*As the type setter places the .. *
*As the translator types up on a manual type-writer*
What was your question?
Oh yea it was about You-tube.
I do not have an account, and no real videos. I assume there will be some out there. Just not posted by me. :)

I know I have to get with the late 20th century sometime before the second quarter of the current century begins.

On a serious note: I teach Balintawak in Singles and allow people to practice. There will be some pictures of one technique in particular where the back hand comes in and you block with your cane and stick your left hand under theirs and then hook up with the back of the hand and move it a little to your left and then lean a little to the right and strike your strike. Called Tucas - Visayan or Bisayan to English. To open a window or door.
In this position I usually stop before the strike, so lots of pictures are taken here. And it looks like I blocked the incoming strike with my wrist / forearm. :eek:
There might be a little on the "Fighting Sticks of Arnis" with Manong Bobby Taboada on the cover. I have not reviewed this in a few years and I do not remember if some teaching and interview made or just a short cut of an interview.
This DVD is not MINE - it is owned by Empty Minds Films.
I had no input to content or editing.

While many say they like my teaching style of breaking things down and getting people moving slowly and tying pieces together, the critique is that I do not explode and I need more flash. :D

As to Modern Arnis, there might be a couple from the 00's out there. Just once again not posted nor controlled by me.

NOTE: I am a large person who should loose a few more pounds in the mid section. This leads to some saying he cannot be a "real Fighter" or to be taken seriously. Ok, thank you for the feedback (* general not specific to anyone in particular *) and then I move on.

Martial Arts is a passion for me. Not my income. I have worked in the embedded software industry since 1991. This is how I pay my bills. So being up to speed on the latest technology to promote myself has not been a priority to me.
Something I may consider as I get closer to retirement from being an engineer.

*** Why does Rich always ramble in his posts and in person? *** :D Sorry
It´s you rich... i think

an older one

Rich is the real deal...

Good interview

Last edited:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TY - and no Disrespect meant - Your comment just made me laugh.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
TY - and no Disrespect meant - Your comment just made me laugh.
here´s the deal rich.. i´ll come &train you, get you the abs you´ve always wanted ;) you train me in Balintawak
:) introduce me to master Bobby & a sweet Girl

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
here´s the deal rich.. i´ll come &train you, get you the abs you´ve always wanted ;) you train me in Balintawak
:) introduce me to master Bobby & a sweet Girl
I will not hold you accountable for the abs, and as to the last , a female co-worker once told me. "I like you Rich, and all of my single female friends, Are Single For a Reason. " :D

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OK he was teaching with Humor here but nothing more serious than a blade attack. Just shows how quickly he got it out hidden then opened it.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rene Latosa ( RIP ) is correct @ 13.27 it´s who´s the smartest on the day... who reacts to the situation better not just some fancy techniques.

Latest Discussions