Bagazhang

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Liang-Zhen-Ei...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216981100&sr=1-1

This style deals with Liang style Bagua and as far as I know the only English copy. The book goes thru the Eight old palms,history and Songs.

http://www.amazon.com/Bagua-You-She...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216981089&sr=1-6

Wang Shu Jin work.

I think Robert Smith Hsing Yi book is better than his Bagua book.

I don't think Park Nam's book is as great as other books on the subject but it was or still is a classic. The reason I think so is the book is vague.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have seen Dr. Painter's book. It was well present and has some good photos however I can not make comments on it because I did not read it in depth.

Personally when I am looking for martial books I am looking more into history and theory. I really enjoy reading how the masters did things and how they became called masters.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have seen Dr. Painter's book. It was well present and has some good photos however I can not make comments on it because I did not read it in depth.

Personally when I am looking for martial books I am looking more into history and theory. I really enjoy reading how the masters did things and how they became called masters.

Actually I am looking more to history and theory.

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Whirlwind Palms

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,

Agreed Frank Allen's book is quite good. In addition to that, I would also suggest:

Liu Bin's Zhuang Gong Bagua Zhang

In my own opinion, this offers a great set of basic exercises for BGZ practice.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Are there any good Bagua Zhang Martial Arts movie flicks....i seen one that looks interesting on You tube...

Latest Discussions