back from ISMAC

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I'm back from ISMAC.

Spend a lot of time doing la canne and then a lot doing navaja.

Much fun!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

mib2112

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My instructor Ike Bear went up there. Came back with an interest in Barjitsu. I really need to make it up there next year. He brought the ISMAC 10th anniversary DVD as well, some good footage on there of some of the workshops.

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My instructor Ike Bear went up there.
Yeah, I met him. Nice fella. Nice enough, even, to tolerate me butting in to try to help out some young lady who just wasn't "getting it" while he was teaching her Kote Gaeshi.

Came back with an interest in Barjitsu.
Yeah, Tony's class. I assume he also took Tom's Victorian Cane class?

Tell him hi for me and that if he has any questions about Bartitsu that the forum is available as am I. But, honestly, it looks like he's got a background that will be a good basis.

I really need to make it up there next year. He brought the ISMAC 10th anniversary DVD as well, some good footage on there of some of the workshops.
It may be getting renamed and moved to Vegas next year. We'll see.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

mib2112

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I met him. Nice fella. Nice enough, even, to tolerate me butting in to try to help out some young lady who just wasn't "getting it" while he was teaching her Kote Gaeshi.

He is usually pretty open to someone helping explain something if a student is not understanding how he is explaining it. And he has been putting up with me for 8 years, so he has to be nice and patient :)

Yeah, Tony's class. I assume he also took Tom's Victorian Cane class?

I think so, I havn't had much chance to talk to him since he got sick when he came back (and left me with teaching the classes till he is back on his feet).

Tell him hi for me and that if he has any questions about Bartitsu that the forum is available as am I. But, honestly, it looks like he's got a background that will be a good basis.

It may be getting renamed and moved to Vegas next year. We'll see.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

I will, thank you sir. He is not that tech savvy, but I will point him over here and tell him to make an account. I look forward to meeting you at one of the conventions.

Latest Discussions