Awkward moments abound. . .

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is one thing I have seen from every judge that is common amonst them all.

THEY ARE GOD WHILE COURT IS IN SESSION!

Do not interrupt them.

Do not be underdressed.

Do not be overdressed.

It does not matter after a while some think they can do what they want.

I went to watch a case about a hit a run for someone in my family. The judge gave a speech before allowing the court to come to order. He made sure everyone knew he HAD THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT HE WANTED THEN. he told everyone that if they were in the courtroom they were guilty. End of story. No matter what they were there for they were guilty of something.

When he got done speaking, I stood up and walked to leave. The Baliff stopped me at the back and I told him I had no case here only came to watch and that I need to see no more. He then looked at the judge. I repeated my comment that I was not under arrest nor was I there for any case and just wanted to leave. He let me go.

The point is that the Judge gets to feel that they have power and lots of power in how they run their court.

So this case does not surpise me in the least.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've done consulting at county gov't and one of the first pieces of advice the county CIO gave me was "If a judge asks for it, give it to him and tell me about it afterwards." Anybody else, I was to send to him before doing any work.

Latest Discussions