Australia Does It Again!!

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just thought I would let everyone know that as of the 29th of April Australia has won the Cricket World Cup for the third time in a row. Now I know most of you have very little idea about cricket, but it is our national sport and I think we're getting pretty good at it.

There was a strange incident near the end of the match, however. With three overs to go, about fifteen minutes of play, the umpires decided it was too dark to continue so everyone thought the match was over and Australia had won. It was then pointed out that both teams would actually have to return the next day to play out the remainder of the match. Needless to say both captains were not amused and they decided to finish the game there and then. So both teams trudged back out onto the field to play out the final minutes of the game. And you know what? Australia still won.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a good match, Steel tiger. I know nothing about cricket, being Canadian it isn't a big sport here. I probably know about as much as you do about curling :D

Congrats on Australia winning! Congrats on the threepeat! :partyon:

OP
Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a good match, Steel tiger. I know nothing about cricket, being Canadian it isn't a big sport here. I probably know about as much as you do about curling :D

Congrats on Australia winning! Congrats on the threepeat! :partyon:

Actually I'm a big fan of curling. It has tension and skill. Always one of my favs at the Olympics. We even have a curling association down here. Never see the teamin the Olympics though. Strange.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually I'm a big fan of curling. It has tension and skill. Always one of my favs at the Olympics. We even have a curling association down here. Never see the teamin the Olympics though. Strange.

Cool. :D Canada rocks in curling. I love the game, lots of strategy, angles, raises, etc.

Sorry to take it off topic. :)

OP
Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool. :D Canada rocks in curling. I love the game, lots of strategy, angles, raises, etc.

Sorry to take it off topic. :)

You see its not that much different to cricket, except for the ice and the bloody big rock. By the way how is Canada doing in the world of curling, any recent world championships?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Canada's Kelly Scott and Glen Howard both won the women's and men's world curling championships respectively. :D

OP
Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Canada's Kelly Scott and Glen Howard both won the women's and men's world curling championships respectively. :D

That's really cool. We don't seem to have to many individual champions, tending toward team sports, though the world regaining champion is currently an Australian for what that's worth.

Latest Discussions